Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question about this. I know how the rule book explains this, by drawing an imaginary line from the corners of the vehicle. However, a lad at my club said you place a piece of paper at 45° on the front and work it out from there, if that makes sense?

He is a very experienced player and he said this is to make it fair for longer, thinner vehicles, which sounds about right. Thing is I can't find that in the rules. Maybe there's been an update?

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
The shape of the vehicle dictates its facing arcs, so he is wrong for any vehicle that isn't a square.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have heard this too, but I have nver found naything on it. If you look at the example in the rulebooks they aren't square and the measure the arc from the corners, so it depends on the shape of the vehicle - you just draw the 45 degrees from the corners not the center. Plus there is the argument of where exactly the center of the vehicle is

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always thought it was stupid that the shape of the vehicle affected this, especially with oddly shaped vehicles like wave serpents (what "corners" are you drawing a line between?). Personally I think the 45 degree paper to center or corners is a good house rule, but yeah it is a house rule and everyone should be on board.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
It's done from corners, like so:

Technology Auto part

Because fuck Orks in particular. I just assume my Battlewagons are AV12 :(

It doesn't come up *that* often with the weirder-shaped vehicles, in my experience; the hardest ones to measure are the Necron Barges and Eldar/Dark Eldar vehicles, which are either the same front/side armour or AV10 all round. Can make difficulties in measuring rear armour though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts