Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the Forgeworld Badab Chapter Tactics, we have the Fire Hawks. @MidnightSun I believe has mentioned these guys before. They look kind of interesting. But they are a little out of date. One of their chapter tactics make all Assault and VanVets 'scoring'.

In 7E, everything is scoring.

So... would you think this means now those units have ObjSec? Or do they just lose out on one of their tactics, do to being superfluous?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
It's pretty clear that it no longer has any effect RAW. However, I think if you go through it with your opponent beforehand, nobody should have too big an issue with it making ASM and VV Objective Secured in lieu.

Does someone have a burningdesire to use their BA as pseudo-BA with 2 Str4 and 2 Str5 Flamers coming out of each 85pt Tactical Squad in their free Drop Pod?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually considering the idea of using the Bladewing Assault Brotherhood Kauyon. Flamers, hand flamers, etc. Possibly adding the special character in place of the required Captain.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, no. The Talon Strike Force Super-Formation states it requires a battle Forged Raven Guard army. But for instance, the Pinion Demi-Company even says that you could replace the captain with Khan, or Pedro, or...

Now, the Bladewing only allows Shrike to be taken in place of the Captain/Chaplain, but there's no requirement, and the faction logo on the datasheet is for Codex: Space Marines.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an interesting twist. It means a Bladewing could deploy by Deep Strike, and if it was Fire Hawks, you could have 2 flamers and a gunslinger Sergeant per squad. You'd have a bigger fight to put in the Knight Captain, but you could even get away with a Chaplain with the burning blade or some junk like that.

Fire everywhere!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Urg. I was really that practically-free Ignores Cover would be constrained to Raven Guard. Well, I suppose I can hope that there are enough formation and detachment choices that relatively few people will play it... (if I want to be able to continue fielding Be'lakor)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts