Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
was thinking about adding something to kill off marines, but found that in 1000 points i would have difficulty in also fitting in tank hunters.
so my solution was to have a 10 man unit of fire dragons in a cheap wave serpent with a TL shuriken cannon.
get to 12'' melt pretty much anything.

thoughts please?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Too expensive and fragile to waste on marines. fire Dragons have to be used as tank hunters.

I believe the key to killing Marines with Eldar is Dire Avengers with Bladestorm. There is an upper limit to the number of 3+ saves that can be made, and DAs have a lot of shots with Bladestorm.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Most definatly Azezel's solution, but if you find you have a HS slot free or are tailoring for marine killing then you oculd take some Dark Reapers, they are not the best HS slot choice but mince marines at range and are points effective in that role.

Still, the DAs you should be taking anyway with bladestorm will out dice marines quite nicely.

Another fallback I often find useful is dropping Fireprism templates onto marine squads once they have killed other targets, although a bit points heavy handed a large blast twin linked str 6 hit can reduce a marine squad to pulp.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Speaking of Dark Reapers...

It's an aquired taste, but I run an Autarch on a Jetbike with a Reaper Launcher, Mandiblasters, and Laser Lance.

Because she's on a Jetbike she can move and shoot the Reaper Launcher, and has six strength six power weapon attacks on the charge.

That makes Marines know fear.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
If using reapers take the tempest launcher with crack shot skill. Dunno why everyone goes with the missile launcher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts