Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first time using GW paints and i have just finished my wolf scouts :)

Any comments/tips are more than welcome! :)

Just a quick line up.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That's a mint job for a first try mate. I'd definitely recommend looking to heavier washes as Torealis said above, though your highlights are excellent!

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Nicely done! I also agree with B&K here. These are more than sufficient for table top standards so getting onto the next unit(s) would definitely be a good idea. As you progress, you'll probably come back to the earlier painted units for further highlights or detailing as you hone in of specific techniques and ideas.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My excuse for poorly painted models is "I'm new to painting. I'll get better with time!"

You have just ruined that excuse for me, forever...

Awesome job though mate! I agree with B&K and Wookiepelt here though, these are perfectly good for games - get another squad done! (Unless you're focusing solely on painting perfection, in which case - more washes! :p )

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well done! Get crackin on the next squad, more advanced techniques will become interesting for you when you get comfortable with your current skill level :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well done! Now to next squad! Painting can be addicting, so watch out and take a pause every 2 hours or so ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Agree with the sentiments above, thats a corking effort for your first squad :wink:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
For a first effort? Very, very nice! :good:

Have yourself a cookie mate! :good:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the positive feedback :D Working on my "pallette" marine as i like to call it of my wolf guard ,basically i paint one of the squad and scribble down all the paint mixes and stuff i used for him then i move onto block painting the rest of them :p

Thanks again! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts