Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't bought a finecast mini since Arjac Rockfist came out until I bought this off eBay. Can anyone tell me did GW change the failcast recipe to be more like FW resin? While I'm not averse to sourcing my minis from... alternative... venders, I do like to know before hand. So, before I leave feedback, can someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Finecast hasn't changed. If what you get is clearly not the same as what you know finecast to be, then it is a fake.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
That's definitely a knock off. Those gray "forge world" models have been circulating on ebay for a while.

I've seen listings with the same color/ quality shipping from the Russian Federation, China, or Ukraine. The color and quality of the photos I've seen in the listings seems very consistent, so I'm guessing it's all coming from one place. Or the re-casters all just use the same photos.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
It's not like they can advertise that it's fake though, all you can really do is report it and/or give them a low rating with your reasons. If you message them they may just respond with some variation on 'you got what you paid for'.

Out of curiosity does the resin seem brittle?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Every Finecast model I've worked with has been soft and easy to cut, softer than plastic if nothing else, and every Fakecast model has been brittle and snaps when you cut it.

Hopefully the details are all there, I'm not one to be fussed about where a model was made but the detail has to be correct. Fakecast taught me how to sculpt better :laugh:

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
When it happened to me I contacted the seller and reported it as fake. They never accepted returns so they offered a discount instead.

I bought an armorcast model from the sale settler before and that was fine. No funny business. Apparently, he got the fakes in trade and claimed he didn't know it was fake when reselling. I couldn't tell whether it was true or not, but in his defense he didn't have other similar models for sale. After that though, I learned what to look for and there's a ton more out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts