Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this list went pretty well. (mind you I got all the good rolls when setting up)

1Ksons (primary)
HQ
Sorcerer
*lvl 3
*MoT
*SoC
*spell familiar

TROOPS
1Ksons
*aspiring Sorcerer w/meltabombs
*8x Rubrics
1Ksons
*8x Rubrics
1Ksons
*8x Rubrics

FAST ATTACK
helldrake w/baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
forgefiend w/hades autocannons
forgefiend w/plasma cannons

Tzeentch Daemons (allies)

HQ
Herald of tzeentch
*lvl 3
*disc
*GoTN
Herald of tzeentch
*lvl 3
*disc

TROOPS
12x pink horrors
*banner
*icon

a variant I tried was dropping one of the 1Ksons units and replacing it with a 5 man terminator squad seemed to do ok but they tended to get targeted very heavily and found they didn't return their points as well as the rubrics with the sorcerer.
the helldrake, Steve (as we discovered with the GoTN) flying with a cursed earth herald, making it a 2++ save was un-killable pure death from above. the forgefiends play there part well, Hades autocannons kept the skies clear of any flyers I faced and the plasma cannons worked well against armour (rolled 3 scatters for the whole game and even they worked to advantage). the horrors bogged down targets and while they weren't doing that flickering fires was burning stuff up everywhere despite giving a lot of FnP out (a unit of termagaunts with a 4+FnP was quite amusing and aweful at the same time).

any and all feedback welcome

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually the screamers sound like a good idea give me another option make the army not so stagnant. and have something that can sort of run with the heldrake.

my sorcerer is used as a support character, uses telepathy, divination and tzeentch(must have for MoT), I don't use daemonology with him to much chance of psychic back lash even with the spell familiar.

my heralds take change (as required) and daemonolgy-malefic for the other two hoping for at least one each of cursed earth, sacrifice and incursion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts