Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has bothered me for some time. In the BRB, there was no ruling about where the gun emplacement needed to be placed with regards to the ADL itself. You could literally post it up opposite field to the line. After perusing the Stronghold Assault expansion, I am pleased to see this:

Battlement & Battlefield (this is where the ILC and QG are listed) upgrades are single pieces of battlefield debris. A list of the relevant descriptions and rules for battlefield debris can be found opposite. Each fortification can purchase a single Battlement & Battlefield upgrade from the list below. These are placed either on the fortification’s battlements (if it is a building with battlements) or anywhere on the tabletop that is wholly within 6" of their fortification.
All glory to the clear and functional rule gods.

That is all :eek:k:

·
Registered
466 Posts
mmh that's nice to know, I always deployed my comms relay in base contact with the ADL but that often lent to put the adl itself in unoptimal places ie with a couple of inches behind a los blocking terrain.

It still need a faq for games without SHA rules allowed tough, at least now we know how RAI works

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It still need a faq for games without SHA rules allowed tough, at least now we know how RAI works
The first line in the Additional Rules section (the spot where the rules start in the expansion):

The following section introduces new rules that are required to use the fortifications found within this book in your games of Warhammer 40,000. This section introduces two new types of fortification which feature among the datasheets in this book: Massive Fortifications and Fortification Networks.
No FAQ needed I suspect. Since the buildings in the expansion are the ones from the BRB, how can your opponent say: "oh, no. I'm using the ADL from the BRB, not the one that comes from the rulebook regarding fortifications."?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I also recently acquired the Stronghold assault book, and I am most satisfied with it. Played a mixed Stronghold assault / planetstrike mission the other day and it worked a charm, though wow does it make it easier to defend in their standard planetstrike mission.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yaaaaaay

edit: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ntaw again."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts