Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone !

Finally won with my dark angels, i've had three games with my friend who plays guard and his very experienced, he whooped me in the first 2 games at 2000 points. And he cleared me off the board.

But we played a 1000 point game and i won !...by one VP but a win is a win !

We are having a 1500 point game in a week or so , so fingers crossed i can beat him again.

From my experience (of 3 games ;) ) its best to have a mix of the wings, rather then fielding pure wing armies.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Nicely done mate.

Bet that knocked him down a peg :laugh:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Grats on the win! I remember when I started out, I lost my first 8 matches I think. And not only lost - I got my ass handed thoroughly to me.

In the matches I've seen with Dark Angels a mix or pure Ravenwing usually wins the games. Deathwing are cool and all, but pure termie armies are just so boring :p

·
8,723 Posts
Done him out of a hat trick of wins there :laugh:

Hopefully you can do it again at 1500 :good:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Awesome! What list were you running? I'm a Deathwing fan myself, but find that I often need to ally in a bunch of stuff from my other armies (drop pods, inquisitors with servo skulls, assassins) to make them more effective.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! What list were you running? I'm a Deathwing fan myself, but find that I often need to ally in a bunch of stuff from my other armies (drop pods, inquisitors with servo skulls, assassins) to make them more effective.
I'm quite a fan of using deathwing, but he brings so much melta its like :shok:

The list i ran was:

HQ
Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus – 125 Points
ELITES
Dreadnought- Assault Cannon- 120 Points
Dreadnought- Plasma Cannon- 145 Points
TROOPS
Tactical Squad- 10 man – Plasma cannon, Plasma Gun- Plasma pistol – 185 points
Tactical Squad- 10 man – Plasma cannon, Plasma Gun- Plasma pistol – 185 points
FAST ATTACK
Land Speeder- Heavy Flamers- Multi Meltas – 70 PointS
Land Speeder- Heavy Flamers- Multi Meltas – 70 PointS
HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator – Lascannon-Heavy Bolters – 120 points

He has an inquisitor with his body guard in a valkyrie, heavy weapon teams, normal guardsman

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nice, congrats on the win! I know that my first few (many) games that I got stomped. The very first one that I won was because miscalculated on points and was over (didn't fully understand the rules: thought that the cost of taking a LR as a transport was just the cost of having a transport, NOT the cost of the LR). But the next day, I drove an hour to get to the FLGS and appologised to the guy in person. Been friends ever since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, congrats on the win! I know that my first few (many) games that I got stomped. The very first one that I won was because miscalculated on points and was over (didn't fully understand the rules: thought that the cost of taking a LR as a transport was just the cost of having a transport, NOT the cost of the LR). But the next day, I drove an hour to get to the FLGS and appologised to the guy in person. Been friends ever since.
Thats such a classy thing of you to do mate :eek:k:

Might I suggest that you use a generic Interrogator-Chaplain instead of Seraphicus? He's the exact same, but gains Zealot for free :)
Oh really? thanks for the tip

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations on the first victory battle brother! The Lion is proud of you!

How did the Dreads and landspeeders perform for you?
My friend hates land speeders, they managed to blow up a tank and take his command squad out.

One of the dreads got taken out right away, the other did well in cc with his inquisitor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts