Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i'm a bad marine player and just now getting my land speeder. anyways I plan on magnetizing, but how do ya'll outfit and use your land speeders?

·
Registered
496 Posts
if you take a look over on the army list forums, and look at some SM lists, all ive ever seen speeders with is HF's or MM's :3 so i assume thats the answer

·
Registered
612 Posts
bolter/bolter (operation range 30-36")
typhoon/bolter (30-36")
assaultcannon/bolter (18-24")
MM/HF (3-22")
MM (3-22")

are the generally accepted useful builds.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i love speeders i wish chaos had speeders. but yea for horde i would take to heavy flamers or 2 heavy bolters. but i made a list with 9 of them with those cyclone missle launchers. thats great for popping rhinos and light armor, plus its like 2 shot each so you can take out marines too. S8 2 shots each. god the cheese.

·
4,491 Posts
The best build is Multi-Melta and Heavy Flamer.

Some people claim that 2x Multi-Melta or 2x Heavy Flamer are better, but in actual fact it is incorrect.
You want to be moving the Land Speeder 12" each turn to get within 12" for 2D6-AP, or in flame range. Plus the added benefit of opponents needing 6's to hit you in close combat.
Due to the need to move as far as possible each turn, you are only able to fire 1 weapon as neither of them are defensive weapons, and thus making 2 of the same weapon pointless.
So then why take both a MM and HF if you can only fire one at a time?....
Simple answer.... Versatility.

There are arguments that the Heavy Bolter / Typhoon Missile Launcher (or even Assault Cannon) build is effective too. While i do agree that it is effective, it is also a LOT of points to invest in such a fragile chassis.
I believe that a DakkaPred is much better value for points compared to the DakkaSpeeder, as it is much more survivable.

·
Registered
225 Posts
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57468 - search is your friend, just like google.

I personally would go rockets if you want to let it survive longer then one turn.
Otherwise, take melta and go after the biggest and largest tank you can find. Granted, anything looking badly to the speeder will likely down it, but who cares about a speeder when you just blew up something more juicy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts