Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate with myself i decided that khrone and tzeencth would be a great pair so heres my list.

HQ
bloodthister/blessing of blood god-255 points
oracle of tzeentch-333 points

ELites
4 blood crushers/icon-185 points
3 flamers-105 points
3 flamers-105 points

Troops
10 bloodletters-160 points
10 bloodletters/icon-185 points
10 horrors/icon/changeling/bolt-210 points
10 horrors/icon/bolt-205 points

Fast attack
-

Heavy support
soul grinder-tongue-160 points
daemon prince/MoK/unholymight/blessing of blood god/iron hide-145 points

first wave
oracle
bloodthister
horros/icon/changleing/bolt
blood crushers/icon
daemon prince

second wave
bloodletters/icon
bloodletters
horrors/bolt/icon
soul grinder
flamers
flamers

tatic
once ive rolled my biased dice:laugh: the first wave will will try deploy around the oracle to benefit from his uber cool rule, and unleash some fire. Then the second wave comes in and once again deepstrikeing near the oracle, after the battle starts to move around the horrors(if they survived which they should) will move around and shoot with the oracle(like the hammer tatic with necrons).

if the second wave gets deep striked first i'll try to move units behind the soul grinder thanks to the new run rule in 5th edition. So what you guys think?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
HQ
bloodthister/blessing of blood god-255 points
oracle of tzeentch-333 points
These guys are both nice but I'm a bit worried for your Bloodthirster who doesn't have Unholy Might. Pray that you get to charge things that need to be Instant Killed, I suppose.

ELites
4 blood crushers/icon-185 points
These guys are awesome. They're very hard to kill and almost always hit something so hard that there's nothing left but a red paste.

3 flamers-105 points
3 flamers-105 points
Nice. These guys are good in 4th but I think they'll be almost essential in 5th what with the new cover rules. Since it'll be so easy to claim a good cover save in 5th, the Flamer's Breath of Chaos should be a tremendous asset.

Troops
10 bloodletters-160 points
10 bloodletters/icon-185 points
You may want to beef up the unit with the Icon to 12 models just in case people see the Icon and decide that they don't like it. To afford this, just drop two of the models from the unit without the Icon so you'll have one unit of 12 and one unit of 8.

10 horrors/icon/changeling/bolt-210 points
10 horrors/icon/bolt-205 points
Excellent.

Heavy support
soul grinder-tongue-160 points
Good. You probably don't need phlegm so this should work fine.

daemon prince/MoK/unholymight/blessing of blood god/iron hide-145 points
Daemon Princes without Daemonic Flight make me nervous, but it's so expensive...

once ive rolled my biased dice:laugh:
I really hope you're not using weighted dice or anything. That's just lame and won't make you any better as a player.

if the second wave gets deep striked first i'll try to move units behind the soul grinder thanks to the new run rule in 5th edition. So what you guys think?
Hiding behind the Soul Grinder won't work quite as well as it does now in 4th, but should still be handy.

Best of luck!

Katie D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
=Katie Drake;136772]These guys are both nice but I'm a bit worried for your Bloodthirster who doesn't have Unholy Might. Pray that you get to charge things that need to be Instant Killed, I suppose.
oops for got to include it, he does have it
[/QUOTE]

These guys are awesome. They're very hard to kill and almost always hit something so hard that there's nothing left but a red paste.
i know there totally worth 40 points

Nice. These guys are good in 4th but I think they'll be almost essential in 5th what with the new cover rules. Since it'll be so easy to claim a good cover save in 5th, the Flamer's Breath of Chaos should be a tremendous asset.
same as what i was thinking

You may want to beef up the unit with the Icon to 12 models just in case people see the Icon and decide that they don't like it. To afford this, just drop two of the models from the unit without the Icon so you'll have one unit of 12 and one unit of 8.
um maybe i do see your point

Excellent.
indeed:biggrin:

Good. You probably don't need phlegm so this should work fine.
yer anti-tank is good

Daemon Princes without Daemonic Flight make me nervous, but it's so expensive...
yer but i figured he'll be close enough to do some damage

I really hope you're not using weighted dice or anything. That's just lame and won't make you any better as a player.
i was jokeing kate lol i would never cheat whats the point, defeats the objrct of tatics

Hiding behind the Soul Grinder won't work quite as well as it does now in 4th, but should still be handy.
should be handy, i hope lol

thanks for the intrest:eek:k:

·
Registered
35 Posts
looks good overall. Wings is just so damn expensive, I never want to pay the points for it unless I really need to (ie in Nurgle army since everything else is too slow). The dp seems really out of place... I'd get another soulgrinder, or Beef up all the bloodletter squads, maybe bring the flamers to 4 (since they drop like flies when shot at) or if needing a bit of fast add some hounds

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deamon prince is meant to support the bloodletters, i was thinking about adding the flamers together to form 6 flamers, so they can stay alive better if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
deamon prince is meant to support the bloodletters, i was thinking about adding the flamers together to form 6 flamers, so they can stay alive better if you know what i mean.
Probably a good idea. It'll allow you to split the Bloodcrushers into two units which should work well. I've been using units of 2 'Crushers and they work beautifully. They're so tough. :D

Katie D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably a good idea. It'll allow you to split the Bloodcrushers into two units which should work well. I've been using units of 2 'Crushers and they work beautifully. They're so tough. :D

Katie D
sounds intresting, might try it out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I always have serious problems with bloodletters, their expensive, and if u play sm, their like ok well let me just shoot 4 frag missles their, oh wow i killed them all, that wasnt hard at all, especially in 5th, you deepstrike in a circle and get pwned. and the lord of change, for me isnt a very useable character, sure he is awesome, but seriously pt's wise i think 2 heralds of tzech is cheaper, more mobile with the jump upgrade, and about 100 pts cheaper.

besides that, the bloodthirster looks pretty decent. if ur looking for anti tank though, dont rely on bolt from the horrors, their horrible. its the next lascannon in rolls, or maybe thats just me and 2 other guys that happen to do nothing with them. i hate flamers now, but yeah theyll be ok in 5th.
besides that soulgrinders look awesome model wise, but i dont see them pulling much anti tank weight, with tongue, love when i have them in list 2, and have an icon right in front of enemy armour and just template it. works well with flamers too. blew up a baneblade that way.(well pretty much).
if ur set on oracle, i like to hide him behind the bloodthirster and make sure he is not exposed to the hvy weapons teams that way. he is really expensive and worries me in cc, with the new ld loss if u take 1 wound, ur down to 8 and have about 1/3 chance of losing him. he is also only 4, freakin 4 toughness i think, or maybe its 5, well its 1 lower than the normal CoW. hehehe thats cow, moooo.

lots of fun is oracle behind an unclean one or kugath, with fnp at 3+ from epidemus.
also if oracle alows rerolls for fnp, which i dont think he does, then awesome.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
lots of fun is oracle behind an unclean one or kugath, with fnp at 3+ from epidemus.
also if oracle alows rerolls for fnp, which i dont think he does, then awesome.
That'd be kinda impossible. Fateweaver is one HQ choice, Ku'gath is another. There's no more room on the FoC for Epedemius.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I HATE FLAMERS, just posted it, ran a list actually similair to this, khorne/ tzech. with slow and purposeful icons. I HATE FLAMERS. im tired of paying 35 pts for a unit with scout stats. ive decided never to use them again, as they vary greatly depending on terrain. to much so. and I HATE EM. THEY AINT GOT 2+ SV OR 3+ SV OR 2 WOUNDS OR 5 TOUGHNESS, I.....HATE.....EM.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now if you're talking Apocalypse then run Epidemius with a bunch of Plague Marines... bolters that ignore armor saves. mmmmm

As far as Flamers go, I've been running them in groups of 3 so I can drop them in front of advancing units of Bloodletters, Plaguebearers or Seekers. It works quite well and if they get wiped out then oh well. Its just 3 Flamers. If used well then you can easily have them make up their point cost before dying. I took out an entire squad of Deathwing Terminators with HQ last night with that tactic (granted I did roll like a champ) which left my Seekers out in the open instead of locked in CC so they ended up getting gunned down too. Oh well, sometimes a plan can work TOO well!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not doing Apocalypse, but some times we use the Apocalypse ally rule where i would use chaos daemons and chaos marines working together.:victory:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts