·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brother Captain Septimus of the Tank Hunting Corps

Profile-----Pts/Model-WS-BS-S--T-W-I--A-Ld--Sv
--------------------------------------------------------
Septimus----250-----5---5-4(5)-4-3--5--4-10--2+
Special Character: Septimus is a special character. He may be used in Tank Hunting Corps armies of 1,500 points or higher. You may not use any additional equipment from the armoury.
Equipment: Artificer Forged Melta-Bolter, Achromicus’ Holy Sword, Artificer Armour, Krak Grenades, Meltabombs, bionics, Terminator Honours (bonus in profile), Iron Halo.
SPECIAL RULES
Tank Hunting Veterans:
Septimus must go to battle accompanied by handpicked Tankhunting Veterans. The Command Squad must contain a sergeant, a Company Champion, and an apothecary. Two Space marines must carry either multi-meltas or meltaguns. The Squad also must have Krak and Frag Grenades. If a Razorback will accompany them to battle then you must use the twin linked lascannon option.
Rites of Battle: As a space marine commander.
Artificer Forged Melta-Bolter and Acromichus’ Holy Sword: The Artificer Forged Melta-Bolter counts as a Master Crafted Combi-Melta Gun, and if Septimus doesn’t move when he shoots the meltagun, then he receives an extra dice for Armour Penetration. Septimus’s great strength means that he can easily wield the Artificer Forged Melta-Bolter in one hand, therefore Septimus gains an extra attack as if he were holding a pistol. Acromichus’ Holy Sword is a master crafted Power Weapon.
Quick with Hand and Strong with Blade:
Septimus gets an extra close combat attack due to his speed and strength with the blade.
Tough Build:
Septimus can easily hold two handed weapons as if they were a pistol. All weapons count as pistols in close combat.

so, is it over powered (i personally think so)

PS sorry for all the lines, the forum wont let me post it witout them.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'd say it is. I'd take his wounds down to 3 at the very least. Preferably 2.

I'd also remove the rule counting the Melta-Bolter as a pistol as with it and the "Quick With Hand etc "rule his attacks goes up to 5 if he doesn't charge. Really he should have a max of 4 on the charge.

I'd also remove the Krak Grenades - he has meltabombs. Sorry for being harsh but bear in mind thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont really care if its harsh lol

im making him as fluffy as can be 8) I mean i actually compared his stats to the rules for marneus calgar.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Right that puts a different spin on things. If your doing it fluffy then bumb the points up to maybe 250-300. That should make it about right.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there we are, 300 pts for the immortal, unkillable, extraordinarily tough, perhaps too much of a hero, exceptional marksman CAPTAIN. 8D

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice! - now anybody that complains - just tell them to grab a tank or a couple of squads of infantry and get hard.

·
Registered
804 Posts
With the terminator honours he should have 4 base if included in profile, then gets a addition +1 for the basically true grit with the combi-melta so he would have 4 base attacks +1 for true grit, and then up to 6 attacks on the charge for uber true grit(tough build) id still actually tone him down to 250 since hes got no invul save and still suceptible to ID, maybe tone him down to 3 wounds and make him like 220 pnts? and have his sword add +1 or +2 str would be a good addition for him if you do that then 220~250 points, id throw a iron halo on him as well for the 4+ or just anything to give him a invul really other wise thats 300 points down the drain from a LC shot so heres what i would suggest

A) give him the 4 attacks in his prof for the termy honours if its going to be included
B)Make his sword more unique by a str modifier(most likely +1)
C) tone him down to 3 wounds so hes still comparable to a master force commander
D) give him a iron halo or something for a invul save or mantle to protect from ID
E) push the points down between 220~250

That would still make a damn good char thats worth his points, sorry but 300 is just way to much for what hes doing, i mean abbadon is 275 and can do MUCH more then this char, so adding a little to him and making the cost little more realistic makes him also more playable and worthwhile :peace:
just trying to help is all ^_^

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx for the help, highlighted changes in orange

1 - 8 of 8 Posts