Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since we've heard anything on the fiction contest. Is there a new date for winner confirmation?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I Pm'ed Ploss a week ago and got an "I'll post up the shortlist really soon!" response. No shortlist yet, though. :p

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well at this point methinks he's going to skip the shortlist entirely and go straight to the results.

Whoever wins however I want everyone to know that this was a great contest and we all (hopefully) had a lot of fun entering! :biggrin:

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
He regrets the fact that he promised to send the winner those books and now he is hiding them away and silently sitting in some non existing corner of the forum...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ploss has no control over when the commissioner activates the Bat-Signal, so......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a bit worried what a "bat" signal might be.

anyway this thread got me excited for 0.2 seconds until I saw the question mark.

still, Bane_of_Kings suggestion to Ploss' whereabouts made me laugh.

Its no biggie if he needs longer but would be nice to know :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I PM'd him. He said no shortlist, but he already knows the winner/runner-ups and should announce them within the week. There will be a "special extra something" too, so keep an eye out.
He's lying to you, he already told me you were all losers and that he was working on getting a raging drunk on the go this week...

p.s some of what I said may be slightly inaccurate.

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts
har har... interesting deductions everyone.

I have been delayed. that's the simple answer. To complicate said answer, i was stricken with a raging flu, my grandfather had a stroke, and then the rug gets pulled out from me on my book contract. There have been a lot of things going recently... However, i have had enough time to narrow down a top three. so the winner and runner-ups will be announced within the week. and yes, there will be a "special extra thing" involved. something to involve public voting i figure.

CP

once again, i apologize for the delay.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's no problem, the worst happens to everyone. Glad to see you got better.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
there will be a "special extra thing" involved
See, I was right! HIV, the gift that keeps on giving!

In all seriousness, though, good luck with all the RL shit that's going on CP, take your time on this for, as we all know, real life issues > fanfic competition...

Also, still sorry about the dead hooker I mailed you as a bribe...

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
He's lying to you, he already told me you were all losers and that he was working on getting a raging drunk on the go this week...
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Srsly! If I was not out of space in my signature already, that one would have landed there! Have some rep for awesomness!

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
yes, well, it's quite hard to use a dead hooker, not to mention dispose of. so your bribe was not considered. :p
You threw away a dead hooker?! Haven't you ever heard of recycling you ignorant man!?

I also wouldn't be surprised if you just lying to us and you won first place, giving us the false illusion of a chance to win this competition.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts