Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in my group we sometimes get fancy and play an invasion on an Feudal World.
basically we mix OldHammer and Wh40k, and have the Feudal defender try to resist as much as he can against a better armed space-invader.
It is usally chaos marines VS the unfortunate backwater world, but sometimes said backwater world is visited by vengeful Adeptus Astartes...not funny for them either way :laugh:

In this link to my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6r3f0edhxbc1mu/feudal militia wh40k.pdf?dl=0
i have written down a common version of our Feudal Militia Army.

Its basically a poor man's astra militarum with no tanks, lots of melee units, basically no armour saves, a scant invuln saves on characters, some ogryns and medieval knights that think they are cool and strong until they meet a Space Marine...

The army list is lacking many special rules and options to represent the basilar fighting styles ond limited mindset of feudal fighters compared to the grim wide galaxy.

I would really love to hear your c&c, guys.

EDIT: also, sorry for my strange english. If you see something stupid written down, let me know!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thinked about that "list" a little and thought that the Feudal Conscripts are useless and stupid.
Should be given less numbers and maybe some protection to make them act more like skirmishers. Maybe Stealth?
Also, the Feudal Noble should have a base cost of 30 pts. He is moot. Really.
I was also thinking about some armywide rules, but could not think of any of note... maybe something like Space Marine doctrines, to represent the various kind of feudal worlds.
Something like:
-Chivalry era world: all warsteed have Str 4 HoW attacks and also count as frag grenades
-Gunpowder era world: all feudal missile weapons have 24" range
-Barbaric age world:All Feudal Militia, Feudal Cavalry, Riders and Lesser Nobility units have Fnp 6+

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tweaked some costs and modified the ally "chart".
Added the armywide rules, to represent the various cultures of feudal worlds.
Also added a new Elite unit, Off-worlder mercenaries, to add some spice to the army.
Still need to test the list and see how stupid it can be. Also, i can't really see a way to bend it and make some nasty combo (which is good), but it could happen.
If you see something stupid, let me know :)
-New file in original post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts