Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we go my first Primarch thanks to Ordog and Zboy for your help.

Ferrus Manus Primarch of the Iron Hands

As Horus made the opening moves of his rebellion on Istvann III, Ferrus Manus's old friend Fulgrim of the Emperor's Children attempted to sway the Iron Hands' Primarch into joining the rebellion. The attempt failed and Fulgrim barely escaped with his life. Overcome with mind-numbing rage at such treachery, Ferrus and his warriors gratefully received Rogal Dorn's orders. Together with the Raven Guard and Salamanders legions, were to confront Horus and his lieutenants, and crush them utterly. A second wave, comprising the Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and a contingent of Word Bearers, would follow them and support their attack. The Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamanders made a full combat drop on Istvann V and secured the dropsite, but at a heavy cost. Overwhelmed with rage, Ferrus Manus disregarded the counsel of Corax and Vulkan and hurled himself against the fleeing rebels, seeking to bring Fulgrim to personal combat. His veteran troops - comprising the majority of the legion's terminators and dreadnoughts - followed. Ferrus found Fulgrim, and the two former close friends duelled. It was then that Horus closed his trap. The Warmaster committed his reserves, and ordered the 'fleeing' troops to cease their feint and attack. Ferrus's force was outnumbered, cut off, and surrounded. Fulgrim defeated Ferrus in single combat but could not bring himself to slay his old friend. A daemon of Slaanesh within Fulgrim's weapon, that had been twisting his mind and perceptions, persuaded Fulgrim to decapitate Ferrus. In the following bloodbath the Iron Hands were massacred, the daemon possessed Fulgrim completely, and Ferrus's severed head was presented to Horus as a confirmation of Fulgrim's loyalty.

Ferrus Manus
Pts 725
Ws 8
Bs 5
S 8
T 7
I 5
w 6
A 6+1
Ld 10
Sv 2+/4+

Wargear:
Teleportation device, Hands of Ferrus, Forge Breaker.

"Hands of Ferrus: count as power weapons. In CC ferrus likes take hold of his Enemy and break them like a piece of wood, or even strike them with great power. If Ferrus hits an infantry model, they must role D6 4+ to stand the Force of the Hit. If it fail´s, the model moves D6" in the opposite Direction to Ferrus. Tanks and Vehicles must act like they were hit by a Thunder hammer (this may be taken in correspondence with his normal attacks). They have also amplified Ferrus’s strength and so add +2 to his strength.

Forge Breaker: The Forge Breaker is a Huge Thunder Hammer Gifted to Ferrus By the Primarch Fulgrim. It is able to Break through the deadliest of armour. The Hammer generates a strong Energy field which can be used to shake the ground. If Fererus hits the Ground with his Hammer, all infantry models 6" all infantry models must make an save role, to keep on there Feet (D6 5+), if they don’t succeed, then all models who fail they are at -2 initiative -1 strength and -2 attacks if they charge any allied unit that turn, this ability may be used in Either players turn if they Do succeed in saving they are at -1 initiative for the rest of that turn. If Ferrus is in Combat then he may split his attacks between his fists and his Thunder hammer,The Forge breaker automatically Penetrates vehicles with armour Values of 13 or lower.

"Grip of Ferrus: Ferrus can try to grab an enemy infantry unit with his
bare hands, and show his strength by ripping it apart. Roll D6 2+ to grab an Independent model within base contact of Ferrus. If successful the Model must roll a D6 on a 4+ he stay’s in combat and fights as normal on a 1 2 3 the unit suffers instant death. Ferrus will use this Unit to make an example and show his strength to the other enemies. All Models within an range of 12" must make a role for a Leadership test at -3 Ld if failed they may not assault Ferrus that Turn if passed they may assault as normal. (These rules apply to Primarchs even if they are immune to instant death, Fearless models do not take a morale check).

I shall Feel No Pain: To symbolise him dipping his hands in lava Ferrus can withstand more pain than the other Primarchs. So as a result Feel no Pain works against any type of wound and saves on 4+.

Teleportation Device this allows Ferrus to deepstrike around the Battle Field a whenever Ferrus Enters the battlefield you may deploy as many models from your reserves as you want also on the turn that Ferrus enters the field via deepstrike he may move shoot and assault as normal.

Iron Hands Leader: Ferrus Manus is a renowned commander who is respected by all his men who will obey his every order he allows them to experiment with their wargear and have bionic parts. All his men are Fearless, and have the Bionics.

"Ferrus!" bellowed a drunken Kaargul clan warrior from his table "Gift us with that story of your hands eh?"

"as you wish" replied the equally drunk primarch, trying to do a bow and nearly falling over himself.

"He started as he sat back down" I had tracked the Asinoth to it's den, at the mouth of which the beast lay as if it were sleeping, but as a moved from cover the wyrm awoke and it struck me with it's tail, nearly sweeping me off my feet, but I regained my balance and struck it with my axe, the blade digging down deep into it's flesh, the beast screamed it's fury down at me, and before it could swallow me in it's great maw." he continued as he mimed jaws with his hands

" I jumped out of the way with my axe lodged in the beast's hide but when I looked back to it, the beast pulled it out and the flesh into which I had cleaved most mightily was unmarked , but having no fear at all I threw myself at the beast, both of us rolling down the rocky slopes of the beast's mountain, until we reached the lava flows." the giant staying silent for a moment knowing, that all the clan warriors hung onto each and every one of his words

"And there we fought and struggled, the beast straining to tear me in half and me trying to break through it's hide and rip it to shreds, butto no avail and then a idea came to me, I decided to drown the monster into the lava, from where it couldn't possibly heal it's body, and with all the strength had had left, I lifted the wyrm from his feet and threw him into the lava holding him there till he had drowned." he told his audience miming choking the beast with his silvered hands.

"When I felt the beast move no more, i lifted my hands from the lava and was shocked to see them clad in the living metal of Asirnoth's hide and shorly later I learned of the changes to my eyes as well, and you all know the rest" the Primarch ended his story with his hands held high, displaying the alterations, and Ferrus was welcomed with an uproar from the Kaargul clan warriors, as the sound rolled through the night......

Special Rules made by me(duh lol) Ordog
and the story made by zboy
stats made by me
Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I feel kinda obliged to reply since nobody else have done so....

So - nice!

·
Registered
328 Posts
A tad powerful on the special grabs. Maybe instead of a 5+,it should be a 4+ to show a more "fair" rule. The feel no pain imo should be the normal 4+ and him always being able to use it. Other than that, i like the rules.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Needs the hammer gifted to him by Fulgrim

·
Registered
267 Posts
You should incorporate forgebreaker (Weapon Fulgrim) made for him or the sword he made for Fulgrim into his profile. While his hands were deadly weapons, most accounts of the primarch show him using the hammer as a normal mortal would wield a little toy hammer. Otherwise it looks solid. Ferrus was one of the strongest Primarch's and I think his profile reflects that.

Alias

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nice one gore hunter

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Forge Breaker: The Forge Breaker is a Huge Thunder Hammer Gifted to Ferrus By the Primarch Fulgrim. It is able to Break through the deadliest of armour. The Hammer generates a strong Energy field which can be used to shake the ground. If Fererus hits the Ground with his Hammer, all infantry models 6" all infantry models must make an save role, to keep on there Feet (D6 5+), if they don’t succeed, then all models who fail they are at -2 initiative -1 strength and -2 attacks if they charge any allied unit that turn, this ability may be used in Either players turn. If Ferrus is in Combat then he may split his attacks between his fists and his Thunder hammer, if they Do succeed they are at -1 initiative. The Forge breaker automatically Penetrates vehicles with armour Values of 13 or lower.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what does the hammer do if he doesn't hit the ground with it

·
Registered
249 Posts
Then why bother using it instead of his hands

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I should be like the old thunder hammer. like it stop them from attacking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts