Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to make some femal gaurd to add some verity to my force.

Does anyone know of any simple convertions or parts i could use to make 1 or 30 of them?

Cheers Vulcan539 :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, the very short and simple solution would be to include a bunch of House Esher figs from the Necromunda range into your army...

They're female and they have those cool IG weapons...

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
cut off some sisters of battle heads and stick them on IG bodies, then model some greenstuff boobs on them and there you have it, all you really need are two balls of greenstuff

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
except you wouldn't see the boobs due to the armour which would flatten them underneath, meaning you can avoid 2 balls of green stuff on the chest to create something rather disturbing.

in fact I doubt you'd be able to tell a female guardsmen from a male guardsmen at all, training would make there bodies quite masculine and armour would reduce any obvious female features.

apart from height and maybe a ponytail popping from under a helmet there would be no difference, and at GW's idea of 28mm scale you'd never notice really.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Meh, I doubt their armour'll crush their boobs. Though I doubt female Guards'll have big boobs I'd take a look at the Dark Eldar Warrior bodies. Those also have some female versions. AND they're wearing armour. I'd use those as an inspiration. Of maybe even make a mould of the armour and place it on a guard's body. also slightly slimming the armour around the waist might be a good idea to give them a more feminine shape :)

Or if you're rich and have loads of time: buy some sisters of battle, cut their legs and arms off (including shoulder pads) and use the body on a guard's legs with guard arms :)

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I think it would flatten them enough to not be noticeable at this scale, women do NOT get custom made armour done for them, there wear what everyone else wears, using other races and forces as examples or guides would be pointless, eldar and dark eldar do have custom armour, and so do sisters since there all women and want people to know it.

guard are all just faceless masses, if 1 woman stands in the middle of a hundred male guardsmen nobody will notice because she will look the same, I doubt they walk around breasts on display, hair flowing everywhere, hips bumping into commissars while stradling there lasguns like everyone imagines they do.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
but, i think he wants them to look female, so that is why i suggested the boobs, because it would be very easy to just say "ooh, i have female imperial guard", but the addition of boobs would make people say "aw, cool, you have female imperial guard" .of course, stella is right for fluff terms, even looking at the army today, Women get their hair cut short and wear sports bras, so they look masculine, but one with a big pair would still be identifiable. for your women, have them as abhumans whose defect is enormous boobs. here is a wild idea: Female ogryn! lol i would love to see that.

·
Registered
887 Posts
just get the heads of sisters of battle and put them on a guardsmen body trim the waist a bit and thats really all you'd need to do, if that doesn't work you could probably greenstuff a guardsmen head to look female.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with Stella- in real life you don't get female bodyarmour with great big breasts molded into them. But this isn't real life so i would go for a slight molding of breast armour, A cup style, not ZZZ cups as is favoured by every sci-fi/fantasy armour crafter.

Really you want the more subtle things to identify them as women- softer features, more rounded hips, Nice arse, ponytails, model two of them gossiping away in the middle of a frefight, a copy of Heat on the base, model her doing the cooking ect. ect.

Alternatively look at any sci-fi/fantasy armour and start copying

P.S
Just looked at female Sci-Fi armour on Google images and it looks like someone has already made some female IG on one of the other (lesser) forums.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I agree with Stella- in real life you don't get female bodyarmour with great big breasts molded into them. But this isn't real life so i would go for a slight molding of breast armour, A cup style, not ZZZ cups as is favoured by every sci-fi/fantasy armour crafter.

Really you want the more subtle things to identify them as women- softer features, more rounded hips, Nice arse, ponytails, model two of them gossiping away in the middle of a frefight, a copy of Heat on the base, model her doing the cooking ect. ect.

P.S
Just looked at female Sci-Fi armour on Google images and it looks like someone has already made some female IG on one of the other (lesser) forums.

Tread carefully (model her doing the cooking) :shok:.....lol.

In real life you can't really tell, when i put body Armour, assault vest, Bergen etc on you certainly don't notice boobs lol.

I do love those models though and in the warhammer world things tend to be exaggerated. It all depends on how "realistic" you want to make your army.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Being able to tell the difference between a man and woman in armor really depends on the armor worn and how it was constructed. Generally speaking a woman in armor is going to wear a sports bra, this has a flatening effect. However I have spent alot of time around both men and women in armor and you can definatly tell a difference.

As for boobs on armor, this is a bad idea. When a melee attack is make the breasts create a sloing effect which tends to force the weapon between them and subsequently places the weapon right under the womans head. This is the last thing the wearer would want. If your taling about light armor then there will be general horizontal rise across the chest. Depending on what type of flak armor your armoy has, there may be a more noticeable difference. A Cadian female soilder would not be as noticeable as a Catchian Female soilder, yet both are wearing flak armor. Carpice armor would have to made for women to wear, as the solid plates that form the armor are not as forgiving and thus not as comfortable to wear.

In order for armor to be effective, it needs to fit the wearer, like boots or any other piece of gear a soilder is assigned. That means female armour would generally show a females figure more. the Curve of his, her butt, breast line, and torso shape. Now if we talking about a female in full power armor, there really would be much of a difference. Power armor is so think that there is little need to have a breast line, though you would still have a 'curvier' suit of armor. Women do not have the muslce mass potential that men do and thus do not bulk up like a man would, this is what creates a sleaker looking suit of armor.

For those that would say a female soilder would look simluar to a male soilder in build has never seen female troops IRL. They definatly have different appearences.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm in the army, and I can tell you, female soldiers do not get special female body armor. We dont have male medium IBAs and female medium IBAs- We just have medium IBAs. Out in the field, unless you're looking carefully, its difficult to tell. The big giveaway is the face. Or if you can see the back of their head, the hair. Aside from the body armor being the same, the loose uniform generally hides the shape of the body.

Just saying.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would say that the armor the Army issues would be a boarderline between flak and carpice armor, whice does not need to be gender specific as it has enough give to compensate for the female figure.

Perhaps the BDU's have changed since I was in, but I remeber being able to tell a woman from a man.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Why does factoring in real/fluff examples matter? It's adding variety to a tabletop game. It's all just for a little bit of fun.
I say go for it

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Air Force drabs were the shit for showing the difference betwixt men and women ... BDU's do not show near as much ...:(
As far as the argument goes ... get female heads and put them on IG bodies ... done and done.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the female heads will be the easyest and cheapest.

Anyone know where to get female haeds for cheap?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Why does factoring in real/fluff examples matter? It's adding variety to a tabletop game. It's all just for a little bit of fun.
Because some people do like their armies to be accurate fluffwise, and to make some sense logic wise. (That one is often a rarity, but it does exist.)

Its part of one aspect of the game, some people like to do it that way.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Because some people do like their armies to be accurate fluffwise, and to make some sense logic wise. (That one is often a rarity, but it does exist.)

Its part of one aspect of the game, some people like to do it that way.
Good point. I believe that might be taking the fluff a bit seriously, but hey, I don't have a problem with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts

P.S

does anyone know a site that sells these minis or any that are similar as I might look into them as a gift for my Girlfriend, she wants to start 40k but doesn't want a WH army due to all the current stuff going on with it, but does want a female army. So i thought I could get some of these for her and she could use a IG Dex.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts