Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting these awesome minis from the Raging Heroes kickstarter as a birthday present for my brother's army (and a few for mine). But here's my question, do you think they're too different to mix in with IG, should they form their own IG squad, or do they not fit in at all?

Here are a few pics from their kickstarter. Their concept art is almost identical to the actual model.

I'm gonna throw my Techmarine in the thrash. Here comes his sexy replacement!!

IG Sniper,anyone?

Commissar?

I could even put this as a Inquisitor henchman.

Looking at them just now, I realized that at the very least, I could put together an out of this world Command Squad with Commissar.

I have a feeling that I'm going to break my wallet on this kickstater.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
They certainly look good. The necro priestess is one of the best models I've seen in a while, and the troopers would definitely look good as IG. They even have a counts-as Harker in the shape of Gruz the heavy gunner. I think they wouldn't really fit in with a Cadian platoon, but as a unit on their own they would look pretty nice on the table.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Keep in mind you will not see any of the models from that kick starter until Mar2014. IG you look at the bottom of the pledge levels that is the delivery date posted.

I like some of the models quite a bit but plan to just wait for the actual store sale option.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind you will not see any of the models from that kick starter until Mar2014. IG you look at the bottom of the pledge levels that is the delivery date posted.

I like some of the models quite a bit but plan to just wait for the actual store sale option.
I did notice that, and that's fine. My brother's birthday in May, so I'll have time to get them and paint them. I could wait till it hits the store, like you're doing, but I like the Kickstater exclusive models and freebies so I'm going to get them now and wait for them to arrive next spring.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Glad to see there are 28mm girl models that are NOT dressed like they want to -BLLEEEEEEPPPPPPP- and -BLEEEEEEEP-. Maybe there put out some decent sister models at some point

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Overall I like the look of the Kruganova troopers and Von Stroeheim; but all of them being big breasted and in tight, form hugging gear kinda detracts it for me.

It doesn't scream soldiers so much as 'look, sexy women with guns!'

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
So pretty cool stuff in there, especially those first three images. A few of them are a bit nerd wank to me and I think they would have to be in their own unit but overall they show a bit of promise. Female Harker looks ace.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I signed up for the kickstarter planning to make a mixed regiment, squads separated by gender.

The problem with mixing squads is that the RH minis actually have pretty accurate proportions, far better than GW's gorilla-ish proportions. So GW's minis, like the Cadians, look a little ridiculous in comparison. I'll post some pics of my Blood Vestals beside my IG later on so you can see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Wolfenstein and Noxx concepts sketches look great.

I hate the idea of female minis being overdone to the hill like they are all going to a rave and orgy round at slaanesh's place which seem to be the theme for most out there. Although this is starting to happen in a couple of these, overall not too bad.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to see there are 28mm girl models that are NOT dressed like they want to -BLLEEEEEEPPPPPPP- and -BLEEEEEEEP-. Maybe there put out some decent sister models at some point
Before I go to sleep, I pray to the Emperor that he may release plastic sisters and a new codex. One day, my prayers will be answered. Until then, these girls will have to kick ass in their name!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The minis are finely detailed and all, but they're too pin-up for me. I like normal looking woman wearing practical armor, not boob-plate. That being said, you;re free to do whatever you want, and a pin-up army definitely would be interesting.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The minis are finely detailed and all, but they're too pin-up for me. I like normal looking woman wearing practical armor, not boob-plate. That being said, you;re free to do whatever you want, and a pin-up army definitely would be interesting.
While I agree that there are many warrior stripper models out there, a normal looking 1.25 inch (give or take) female model with armored chest plate would be no different that an IG troop, with maybe the exception of a ponytail head. These models look athletic, not hooker-ish. In fact, some of them (Iron Empire) don't even show skin, and if not for the breast, you wouldn't be able to tell it was a female.

Literally take your fingers and cover the breast plate on this concept art. You can't tell it's female if they didn't have breast. Specially on a miniature that's less than 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
While I agree that there are many warrior stripper models out there, a normal looking 1.25 inch (give or take) female model with armored chest plate would be no different that an IG troop, with maybe the exception of a ponytail head. These models look athletic, not hooker-ish. In fact, some of them (Iron Empire) don't even show skin, and if not for the breast, you wouldn't be able to tell it was a female.

Literally take your fingers and cover the breast plate on this concept art. You can't tell it's female if they didn't have breast. Specially on a miniature that's less than 1.5 inches.

Those look AMAZING. But what would you use them for? Stormtroopers/vets maybe? Or SoB even?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those look AMAZING. But what would you use them for? Stormtroopers/vets maybe? Or SoB even?
I'd use them instead of these.

Or even the Sister heavy weapon squad. Damn it, what are they called? Purifiers? Whatever. They definitely look better than these, specially considering you can only get metal blisters.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Indeed, and Von Stroheim would make a great commissar, and Nepharya an awesome tech-priest. Don't know if the rest would truly fit in anywhere though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Let's be real, here. 40k a fanciful universe populated by unfeasible creations like Titans and Space Hulks. And this universe is depicted by models like the Leman Russ, which not only is a pretty awful battle tank design to begin with, but has a main cannon of such enormous calibre that it would knock the turret straight off if it fired (not to mention the turret is too small to be practical). That's just one example of the general ridiculousness of 40k. You can't talk about whether these models 'fit', because nothing in this universe really fits together at all. It's all insane.

Temporary suspension of disbelief is an absolute requirement if you're going to indulge in the game. And indulge, I do indeed. So I think I can make an allowance for some boob plate.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Haha good point!

Kasrkrin are one of the coolest looking troops in the game! IMO anyways, but they could work very well as stormtroopers
Now if they only came in plastic... haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts