Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so this is a little obscure unless you are a Nurgle Deamon player or use Biomancy a lot.

If you have a model that has FNP and also eternal warrior, can you make the FNP save against instant death weapons?

Reading the rules eternal warrior means you can ignore the effects of instant death and FNP can be used unless against the weapon causes instant death. Thoughts?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Up until about 2 minutes ago I would have said yes - But having reread the rules, I now say no.

The reason is that under "Feel no Pain" it states :
"Feel No Pain may not be taken against Destroyer attacks or against unsaved Wounds that have the Instant Death special rule".

Under "Eternal Warrior" it states:
"If a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack that inflicts Instant Death, it only reduces its Wounds by 1, instead of automatically reducing its wounds to 0.

The way I read it, particularly the phrasing under Feel No Pain, the unit still get a wound that has the Instant Death special rule - They just get to ignore the part where they go splat. Because of them still getting a wound with the special rule, they don't get Feel No pain.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
If a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack that inflicts Instant Death, it only reduces its Wounds by 1, instead of automatically reducing its Wounds to 0.
Feel No Pain saves may not be taken against Destroyer attacks or against unsaved Wounds that have the Instant Death special rule.
In the past, there used to be some confusion because you "ignored the Instant Death rule" with Eternal Warrior. This time, it changes the effect of Instant Death rule, rather than ignoring it, so a Force Weapon still has Instant Death, but rather than reducing wounds to 0, against a model with Eternal Warrior, the Force Weapon's Instant Death rule causes just a single wound.

However, it may not be FNP, because it still has the Instant Death special rule, but the effects of Instant Death are changed.

Edit, fucking nordic ninja's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's how we have now read the rule as well. I was just seeing how others read the rules. It means that Endurance is not so powerful as we previously thought.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'd follow that interpretation as well, because the sequence of events appears to play as:

Successful wound roll is made.
Check to see what saves are available (Armour, Cover, Invun)
Fail the save
Check to see if FnP is available (No, because the weapon causes ID)
Resolve the effect of taking an unsaved wound (EW kicks in, and stops the Monster becoming a pile of smoking ash, instead only a single wound is taken)

That's my read on it, anyway.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
yeah. FnP is just negated by the ID rule. And the eternal warrior saves you from the Instagibbing. :)
Nordic has to get some rep for his ninja skills...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Last edition they had an FAQ for this, IIRC. This time around... yeah, what folks are saying, the wording of EW is more precise to its function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.