Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,612 Posts
I seem to remember that when Codex: SM came out, there was talk about making the Rhinos cheaper, but it was decided against because then they'd be too cheap compared to Chaos Rhinos; so he may have a point about the relative cost issue. On the other hand, you're not Games Workshop, so whining to you isn't solving his problem. When codices are redone, sometimes there are points re-jigs, sometimes not; but I don't think you should give him an advantage just because he's whiney (tho, if you do put it to the group and they agree, fair enough).

It's his choice to play an army from Codex: SM, and if he choses to do so it's no-one's fault but his; he could make his Imperial Fists into a legal list from another Codex and play them like that - I'd recommend Blood Angels personally, but he could use a DA or even Chaos list and I don't see why there'd be a problem. Can you see anyone in the group objecting if he says "this is my legal BA army, it just happens to be represented by models in yellow"?

As to 'four-troop cheese', I'd just ignore it if I were you. He obviously has no notion what he's talking about.

So my opinion is, he's just being a jerk, tell him not to be such a baby and lump it; or alternatively quit bitching and change his list.

Sorry if that's no help. It's just that, never having met the guy, he already sounds really irritating.

· Registered
3,612 Posts
If your friend thinks Chaos armies are better than SM then have him build his army using C:CSM. Thats what some friends of mine are talking about doing and I myself have thought about it...
... you could make a nice Marine army that looks Imperial but is a Chaos legal list.
I'm doing exactly that, but in reverse. I don't have the new CSM codex, so my Chaos force is currently Codex BA legal. Death Guard World Eaters ("Death Eaters"? Maybe not...) are awesome, and rending approximates the old Khorne chain-axe rules...

So yeah, he has options. Perhaps the constructive way forward is to point them out to him. It's probably better than punching him, which would be my other suggestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.