Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You missed the updates to the Emperor's Children. Now everyone gets a flat +1 I on the turn they charge as part of the Legiones Astartes special rule. Phoenix Guard are finally WS 5. Kakophoni are now Heavy 2 instead of 1 and become Relentless with the new Rite. Sonic Shriekers are now -1 WS to models in base to base contact. Some pretty big changes. Very cool indeed.

The weekender has really kicked my passion for heresy into overdrive. The fact that you can build your own Knight Errant gives me a character I can put in my army that (from a narrative perspective) is the one who vouches that my Emperor's Children are in fact loyal. Plus now there's a Rite called Orphans of Betrayal that gives buffs against Traitors. Basically before the 'loyalist Emperor's Children' was just in me head and wargear choices. Now I can actually represent them on the tabletop!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It doesn't specify so they can take Tartaros. However, I'm pretty sure Sweeping Advances use your unmodified I, so it's 4 + D6 + D3, but still auto-Sweeping 1/3 of rolls is nothing to sniff at.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Aye, Death Guard in general needed a buff which they certainly got. Plus Dorn lost Unwieldy on his sword and instead got the same rule as Deathshroud.

Basically, I thin Forge World did a good job of making things more balanced with the recent updates and added a hell of a lot of fluffy options. I'm really exited about having a Rite of War to represent my Loyal Emperor'S Children on the tabletop. I think Shattered Legions will need some testing to see if they can forge any rule-breaking rule combinations (although I can't see any off the bat initially) but in general Forge World have done a great job at making Book 1 legions balanced with the rest of the legions in later books.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts