Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

'Vurses...' how do you want it?

• Single thread, stickied, with new targets weekly.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Stickied suggestion thread, fresh threads weekly.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I've got a better idea, actually...(Details, please)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is dumb. You are dumb. Please stop talking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here's my thought...
A feature thread for the tactics forum, something to draw people in and get them talking. What I'm thinking is a 'Vurses...XXXX' where every week or so someone comes up with with a unit or character and everyone posts their favorite way of taking them down. Ideally we'd want to focus on particularly scary units like harlies or mephiston or something.

This isn't an X vs Y thing like "Mephiston vs Abaddon" (though that sounds fun too...but more of a 40k General thing) this is more, "What's the best way to deal with X?"

My question is this: Do you guys want to do it, and how do we want to do it?

I could make a single thread and sticky it and whenever the debate seems to die down we come up with a new foe and continue on (though this could get confusing if people start reading and make posts without realizing we moved on)

Or I could make a sticky where people can suggest new units and then every week or so I could pick one and start the new debate.

Or you have a better idea.

Or...it's a dumb idea that nobody wants to do.

So let's hear it

Edit: It's been decided. Single sticky with weekly thread ans an archive of links in the sticky.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
i reckon one stickied suggestion thread is best, with seperate threads for different threats. this way people can check any particular character or whatever and read up on the best way to deal with them whenever they want, rather than one long thread that people have to trall through to find the right threat that they want to take down.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about making the weekly target stickied, but too many stickies clutters the boards, and if the idea is to promote a discussion that's going to go on for at least a week it probably shouldn't need help staying on page one until it's run its course.

OXC brings up a good point in favor of multiple threads. Someone;s having trouble fighting Mephiston he can do a search and pull up 'Versus...Mephiston' instead if some 10 page thread that talks about lots of different things.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Can you put it in a subforum. That would keep all the threads in a nice place where they can be looked through easily. Just lock the old thread at the end of the week and start a new thread.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to pester Jez for another subforum, especially if all it;s for is to house one chain of threads.

I'll gather some more feedback and see what other people think, but for now I'm leaning on a rules/suggestion sticky and then new threads every week.

I can add links to each thread in the main sticky, that way there's a nice index.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I think the sticky with links to the threads would work just as good as a subforum since you say an extra subforum is extra work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.