Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I plan on going to a qualifier in a couple of weeks and was hoping to get some feedback on the list I planned on taking. Overall I like the list and it has been performing quite well for me. Perhaps there are better lists out there (like skyblight) but I've found this list to be pretty reliable. It hasn't had issues with high AV or even high AV walkers (though I have yet to pit it against an imperial knight) and flyers have seem to taken a bit of a back seat this edition. So here it is

Combined Arms Detachment 1

Hive Tyrant (warlord) - Wings, 2 x TL devourers - 230 points
Hive Tyrant - Wings, 2 x TL devourers - 230 points

Hormagaunt Brood - 10 gaunts - 50 points

Zoanthrope - 50 points
Zoanthrope - 50 points
Zoanthrope - 50 points

Carnifex - 2 x TL devourers - 150 points

Combined Arms Detachment 2

Hive Tyrant - Bone Sword/Lash Whip, Wings, Adrenal Glands, Old Adversary - 250 points

Termagant Brood - 10 gants - 40 points

It's 1500 exactly. I like it but am hesitant about that 3rd tyrant. It's awesome as it adds 2 more psychic powers and 2 more dice as well as being synapse. The thing is a complete beast in CC and is my best answer against rip tides and wraith knights as well as facing other nid MCs. In a pinch it can vector strike and it is quick to get into CC. My only concern is that it is 250 points and if I lose it then its like playing 1250 v 1500. I don't know what else I would take though. I have considered 2 more basic carnifexes. I've found that with this edition having a ton of MCs is just a great strategy (as opposed to in 6th where I was digging on swarms and medium bugs).

All thoughts and suggestions welcome as well as tips :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
yes unfortuntaly in 7th nids got smack with the bat again..and the best builds are MC builds..
the only issue i have is the small number of guants...its not hard to kill them..and then your going to stuggle with objectives..i would be maybe look at dropping the 3 flyrant and adding some venomtropes and beefing up on the guants broods and adding my zoans..you need the warp blast more than ever

1 - 2 of 2 Posts