Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a mob of 30 boyz get assauted by an ironclad dreadnought in turn 2. Dreadnoughts don't take moral checks if defeated and my mob was fearless due to the mobrule special rule.

My question is...would these two units just stay locked in combat throughout the game? The boyz couldn't destroy it, and in 5 turns it would never get the mobs numbers down enough for them to have to take a moral check.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Short answer, yes. They would stay locked in combat until one side was wiped out, destroyed, below the "mob rules" number and back to regular Ld. stat and forced to take a morale test and fails it or the game ends.

Don't forget to take those "no retreat!" wound saves after a round of "fearless" combat. (page 44 in the BRB.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, and yes, I did have a nob with pk in the mob. but luck was not on my side. the best I would do was get him down to only 1 attack...but never could destroy him.:wacko:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
What's even more amusing is the Apocalypse formation "Green Tide" which is 100 Boyz and a Warboss. The Blood Angel player assaulted the Warboss with a Libby Dread and spent the entire rest of the game locked with the 100 boyz who couldn't hurt it. And the Ork player couldn't even get any more models into assault because of the pile in moves!

Power klaws are your friends, yo! :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.