Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your fav tank after taking into account pts cost, transport capability and weapons? I like the hammerhead, 160 pts for the best gun in the game!(in my opinion) and a skimmer no less!

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Leman Russ Vanquisher comes first all the time for me, even before the baneblade, now that IS the most powerful gun in the game, 96" with 8+2d6 pen....yes please

·
Registered
598 Posts
falcon
i like it look of it, and it is very accessible and flexible
my combination: bright lance (tanks) shruiken cannon (troops)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Favourite Tank? - hmm Destroyer Tank Hunter or its big brother the Shadowsword. I don't give a shit about the rules, point cost etc the idea of the thing is just so dam cool!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Falcons. I field two of them and they always end up playing a major role in the game.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Baal Predator, don't have one but i would sure like one, its anti personnel fire is incredible and its BS 4 so the majority of its shots are going to hit unlike the guard tanks.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Imperial Armour Volume One states that the Medusa has indirect fire with no minimum range, hence the fact i no longer bother with Basilisks.
I'm looking at it right now, nowhere does it state indirect fire
rng:- str:- ap:- special: ordnance 1/blast (can't write out the whole thing, but it would be at the end, and its not)
even the fluff says its a direct fire weapon

·
Registered
176 Posts
Indirect weapons are defined at the front actually - e.g. Range G12-48" for a Whirlwind, G36-120" for a Basilisk, G48" for a Mortar, G24" for a D-Cannon, etc.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Land raider crusader. Assault ramp, and a whole lot of shots.

and the Humble Vindicator of course, I loved it even before the new models, now I love it more.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I still say the Monolith has the advantage over it all. It transports troops, and can do any Necron unit, not just a single unit assigned to it. It can deepstrike. It can take out a horde of Guardsmen or an elite unit of Terminators with its varied weapons. It's a skimmer, and it laughs at special weapon modifiers against armour. Really, at its points cost, it's a steal.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Hurricane Bolters cannot be upgraded to Psycannon Bolts... for vehicles only heavy bolters and storm bolters may be upgraded.. sorry.. :( The troop version of Psycannon bolts DOES affect regular bolters tho..

My choice for favorite vehicle... hurmm thats a toughy.. Predators just because I think they look awesome. :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts