Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
True that wasn't a bad one. The second or twin primarch of the alpha legion was a good one. Especially for the long serving players it was a big surprise.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Where did you find out that he is St.George?

I'm not sure if it's correct or not but my friend said that there was this member of the dark Angels interrogating a prisoner. He said that an Eldar Craftworld he just raided had Lion El'Johnson's lost sword. After fighting the entire craftworld he finds it only to find that it is the sword belonging to a taitor. (Again, not sure if this is correct or not so sorry if some facts are incorrect)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you find out that he is St.George?

I'm not sure if it's correct or not but my friend said that there was this member of the dark Angels interrogating a prisoner. He said that an Eldar Craftworld he just raided had Lion El'Johnson's lost sword. After fighting the entire craftworld he finds it only to find that it is the sword belonging to a taitor. (Again, not sure if this is correct or not so sorry if some facts are incorrect)
Mechanicus.

And that is correct, it's in a short story compilation- it ends up being Luther's Sword rather than the Lion's thats found.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My favorite "secret" isn't so much secret, but a not-widely-known bit of info. The meanings of the Chaos God's names. Khorne (supposedly used to be Khornash, so, Carnage), Nurgle (Nergal was an ancient Mesopotamian god of death), Tzeentch (Pronounced Zeen'tch sounds a lot like Zenith, meaning the pinnacle or turning point of a society, either a climax or a low point)... Though Slaanesh's name still remains a mystery to me.

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's not really a secret but I always thought that this was weird. All ov the names for the Thousand Sons are from middle eastern, egyptian, and especially zoroastrianism but Magnus is the name ov a Viking. Ironic who killed him isn't it?

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
This is probably the most obvious secret (or well-known to us) in the 40k universe but I love the Dark Angels secrets.

You would think that Luther being alive would be their biggest secret but NO, the Lion is still alive within the Rock and his existence is only known to the watchers in the dark and the emperor. I'm not even sure if Azrael knows, but if he didn't that would be even more cool.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is probably the most obvious secret (or well-known to us) in the 40k universe but I love the Dark Angels secrets.

You would think that Luther being alive would be their biggest secret but NO, the Lion is still alive within the Rock and his existence is only known to the watchers in the dark and the emperor. I'm not even sure if Azrael knows, but if he didn't that would be even more cool.
Only Azrael knows that luther is still alive, none of the DA know about Jonson.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Luther=Father Figure to Lion while he wasn't known a Primarch...Then Luther "betrayed" The imperium.

Lion=Priimarch

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ah. So, Luther really didn't feel like he was betraying the Lion?

And why is Angron also called the Lion? Can't they find something different for one of the two? It's so confusing! :p

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
A loyalist chapter descended from a traitor primarch. And even they don`t know it themselves.

Go Blood Ravens!

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I have to say my favorite secret or unknown thing in 40k is the true motivations and methods of the Alpha Legion. Are they secretly loyal to the Emperor &/or the Imperium. Did they actualy do what the Cabal wanted them to do? Did they side with Horus & turn to Chaos in some misguilded, or at least not understood, plan to save the Imperium &/or humanity?

There's just some many whys and what ifs with the Alpha Legion. I think it's awesome that their motives and methods are so obscure that no one knows what their actualy doing. It's just very interesting to me that no one seems to know what there doing but they odviously should have some kind of master plan for everything.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts