Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Standard Ringwraith

Votes: 3 6.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so set aside the fact that the different named Ringwraiths were a big mistake by GW (and don't start an argument if this happens to not be your view).

Which of the 9 Ringwraiths is your favourite, be it based on how they look, game etc.?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The Witch King of Angmar. He may have been killed in the film, but he's just badass and cool looking.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I really like the look of the Tainted model, that mixed with his cool special rules make him my favourite. Although solely based on gameplay, the Witch King of Angmar would top it for me.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Setting aside the idiocy
The tainted looks the best and his rules are pewtty badass but I'm going with the dark marshall. Thet guy is badass to the extreme and so hard to beat when used properly and his armour looks awesome.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
shadow lord, not becaus of model, since I just use a normal wraith with a little blue, but in WOTR its great to just basically tell everything that shoots, that they can't shoot MUAHAHA

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I would say Khamul-it is always funny in WOTR when an enemy causes a lot of wounds-only for them to rebound on himself!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Khamul, simply because it's the only canon (Tolkien original) name besides the Witch-King :biggrin:

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
The witch king of Angmar, his mdal with a flail is just cooool, and his stats are kickass in game terms. Tis was a shame he was banished by a girl :shok:
When i talk about the witch king i feel like the only nun at an orgy. I really dont like the model as i really dont like the mask the film uses. No fault of gw its a fantastic representation it just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Khamul, simply because it's the only canon (Tolkien original) name besides the Witch-King :biggrin:
Though I fear the Banhammer by one Red Corsairs for divulging into this topic, could you please tell me the source of this? I haven`t read my copy of The Lord of the Rings for a while, and highly doubt it is in either The Silmarillion or The Hobbit. Maybe some of the more obscure works by Tolkien?:)

Ugh... I`d have to say the Witch King of Angmar; I mean, the fluff around how he plagued and ultimately destroyed the Kingdom of Arnor, as Sauron built his strength in Rhun was interesting, and some of the models that came out with that supplement were pretty excellent. Also is certainly a kicker-of-ass in-game, too.

Edit - In The Return of the King, the battle of Pelannor fields, with the Witch King fighting Eowyn and slaying Theoden is far better.:grin:

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Though I fear the Banhammer by one Red Corsairs for divulging into this topic, could you please tell me the source of this? I haven`t read my copy of The Lord of the Rings for a while, and highly doubt it is in either The Silmarillion or The Hobbit. Maybe some of the more obscure works by Tolkien?:)
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Khamûl

That tells you everything about Khamul. He commanded the Fortress of Dol Guldor after Sauron came out of hiding and returned to Mordor. He was second in command in the Nazgul. Article says the rest :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The Witch King of Angmar is the best Ringwraith of them all. He may have died but it was a pretty cool death.
Ah but they all 'died' in the end, he just kicked the bucket a few days before them.

I'm going to have go with the Witch King, he's the only one with any real character- I don't hold with GW making up fluff for the Tolkien-verse.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Apart from Khamul-he had character apart from the witchking. Plus I always liked the easterlings in general-models and ruleswise.

·
Registered
328 Posts
witch-king for me given the background and everything

·
Registered
2 Posts
My favorite is the undying for the model (the only nazgul with a staff) and (if you take two wraiths like i always do) gains 1 point of will for each spell cast (by the other one), plus he has the same amount of will as the witch king

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Betrayer, a twisted untrustworthy evil git. I cannot think of a more fitting personification for evil.

Also model wise he is the only ringwraith who fits with my Mahud army

1 - 20 of 22 Posts