Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some absolutely epic quotes written for various characters and I enjoy finding new ones (to me that is, not necessarily new quotes in themselves)

I've just found this quote which I think is a fantastic summary of the Night Lords:

"Because the Wolves kill cleanly, and we do not. They also kill quickly, and we have never done that, either. They fight, they win, and they stalk back to their ships with their tails held high. If they were ever ordered to destroy another Legion, they would do it by hurling warrior against warrior, seeking to grind their enemies down with the admirable delusions of the 'noble savage'. If we were ever ordered to assault another Legion, we would virus bomb their recruitment worlds; slaughter their serfs and slaves; poison their gene-seed repositories and spend the next dozen decades watching them die slow, humiliating deaths. Night after night, raid after raid, we'd overwhelm stragglers from their fleets and bleach their skulls to hang from our armour, until none remained. But that isn't the quick execution the Emperor needs, is it? The Wolves go for the throat. We go for the eyes. Then the tongue. Then the hands. Then the feet. Then we skin the crippled remains, and offer it up as an example to any still bearing witness. The Wolves were warriors before they became soldiers. We were murderers first, last, and always!"
—Jago Sevatarion, speaking about his VIII Legion

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I still maintain my favorite being from Chaplain Grimaldus during the last stand in the Temple of the Emperor Ascendent.

"I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die."
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!"
"Until the end brothers!"

That entire passage never fails to send chills down my spine when I read it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"I think rats did it. Big ones." - Sevatar
I still maintain my favorite being from Chaplain Grimaldus during the last stand in the Temple of the Emperor Ascendent.

"I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die."
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!"
"Until the end brothers!"

That entire passage never fails to send chills down my spine when I read it.
Both brilliant quotes :)

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
"You don't know the things I dream," said Perturabo. "No one does, no one ever cared enough to find out."
Read that earlier today, and have since finished the book. Excellent quote :good:

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Sevetar in general though. Funniest guy in the series, though still got love for old Tarik.

“That makes him the new fleet admiral. Offer him my insincere congratulations on a rank he earned purely by being the last naval officer standing.”

And

“You won’t believe how I got here,"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Jago 'Sevetar' Sevetarion, from: Prince of Crows.

"I'll be there in seven minutes. Eight if there is resistance. Nine if the resistance is carrying bolters."
The Resistance was carrying bolters.

I agree with AoB, Sevetar by far has some of the best lines in the entire of the Heresy series.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sevetar in general though. Funniest guy in the series, though still got love for old Tarik.

“That makes him the new fleet admiral. Offer him my insincere congratulations on a rank he earned purely by being the last naval officer standing.”

And

“You won’t believe how I got here,"
Totally agree, Sevatar really adds some gallows humour into almost any dark situation :)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
"I am going to kill him. I am literally going to kill him. With my bare hands." - Guilliman, on Lorgar.

"Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom that enslaves you, no matter that their armies overshadow yours by ten thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour." - Angron, to Guilliman, making a good point.

They're two immediate ones that spring to mind (well, okay, I had to search the exact wording of the Angron one).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"I am going to kill him. I am literally going to kill him. With my bare hands." - Guilliman, on Lorgar.

"Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom that enslaves you, no matter that their armies overshadow yours by ten thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour." - Angron, to Guilliman, making a good point.

They're two immediate ones that spring to mind (well, okay, I had to search the exact wording of the Angron one).
Those two are great quotes too although I disagree Angron was making a good point. Courage is not slaughtering your brothers soldiers, torturing them, burning their worlds. That is cowardice. Courage is not blind hatred of your father and your brothers who disagree with you. Courage is not slaughtering your brothers and their legions when they're outnumbered 8 to 3 at Istvaan. That was cowardice.

Angron thinks he knows what courage is and yet he was simply a deranged butcher who wouldn't know courage if it looked at him like Corax looked at him on Istvaan. The only courageous ones at Istvaan were the loyalists (and arguably the Alpha Legion who took a courageous decision to join Horus for the sake of humanity).

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Those two are great quotes too although I disagree Angron was making a good point. Courage is not slaughtering your brothers soldiers, torturing them, burning their worlds. That is cowardice. Courage is not blind hatred of your father and your brothers who disagree with you. Courage is not slaughtering your brothers and their legions when they're outnumbered 8 to 3 at Istvaan. That was cowardice.

Angron thinks he knows what courage is and yet he was simply a deranged butcher who wouldn't know courage if it looked at him like Corax looked at him on Istvaan. The only courageous ones at Istvaan were the loyalists (and arguably the Alpha Legion who took a courageous decision to join Horus for the sake of humanity).
You have a point, but it's a far better than a simple 'Check your privilege' which is basically the whole gist of the speech.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have a point, but it's a far better than a simple 'Check your privilege' which is basically the whole gist of the speech.
Lol, fair enough :)

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I also really like this from Betrayer

“Why chase me, Roboute? Why? Your fleet will fall against the Trisagion and you’ll die down here.’
‘There is a difference between confidence and arrogance, cur. Surely someone has told you that.’
The Word Bearer spat blood again. ‘But why come? Why come at all?’
‘Courage.’ Guilliman stalked forwards, ignoring his wound, and he didn’t need to struggle for a smile – it came as easily as breathing. ‘Courage and honour, Lorgar. Two virtues you have never known."

Probably my favourite moment from Guilliman in the series, can really just vividly imagine him smiling as he berates Lorgar and delivers that last line.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties. -Ahzek Ahriman

1 - 20 of 32 Posts