Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos your favorite primey? I used to love sanguinius but i've thought it over and my list is as follows:

1. Alpharius
got to love the guy. Under-appreciated by brothers,
His father is inattentive and busy. Actually looks up to and aspires to be like
his bros. in short the most human, most understandable Primarch. he's basically a kid. Guess he has that unrecognized child prodigy appeal+the dark tormented character but about half the primeys have that. Secretly hope he’s still
alive although its unlikely he escaped Roboute Gilligan.

2.Magnus

3.lorgar
if he'd been discovered after the heresy he'da been fine. hes the guy
who despreatly needs something to believe in in an atheistic future.

4.Kurze
a kind of batman he’s dark and tormented and plain wicked awesome

5. Khan
loved his backstory. Pl;us he could still be alive. Been thinking of swithing
my army from BA to White Scars.

6.perterabo.
some of Alpharius-like appeal. I always route for the underdog
and Pert killed dorn. Although I like dorn almost as much I was giddy when he died.

7. Dorn
Down to earth, solid, unchanging. I commonly refer to him as ‘the Rock’.

8. Angron.
Based on Spartacus, got that hothead appeal,
Noble in a savage sort of way… loved how he turned down the Emperor,
Wanted to stay with his gladiator/slaves. But seriously, it was obvious he was going to go
Khornate. Why didn’t the Emperor do anything?

9.the Lion
dark, moody, mysterious type. Brilliant mind with brawn and bravado to match

10. Russ
Wolf-brothers rule! We hunted with them in the past, why not the future?
Good character, courageous and one of the longest lasting primeys. Liked ‘im.

11. sanguinius
By the blood hes awesome!

12. Horus.
Wondering why hes #11? I mean Everyone loves horus! Well I don’t! ….. as much.

13. ferrus manus
I call him ol’ metal mitts, the man with the magical hands, or Edward.
I hated it when fulgrim killed him.

14. Fulgrim
Would be higher on my list were he not a follower of slaanesh (whom I hate, the sicko).
But I guess that was inevitable. *sighs*

15. corax
Ravens are scary+cool and so is he

16. Vulkan
Need more fiction on him

17. Mortarion
Hate nurgle. Don’t understand how anyone could want to be a
Walking compost heap

18. Roboute Gilligan
Also known as Papa Smurf

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
1.Angron- Hes f**kin awsome
2. Rogal Dorn- I just think he's cool
3. Ferrus Manus- He wrestled a Dragon and dipped his hands in Lava

·
Registered
505 Posts
My three favorites have to be:
1. Alpharius- he's the primarch of the coolest chaos legion there is.
2. Leman Russ- If someone gets a tank named after himself, you know he's cool
3. Roboute Guilliman- Ultramarines rule!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I like leman russ. He had a funky mini, and he had a tank named after him! A TANK!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sanguinius- he beat the shit out of who knows how many bloodthirsters trying to storm the imperial palace.

Leman- because he managed to take down a titan by himself. i dont know how he did this, but it doesnt matter. he took down a TITAN!

Ferrus- because he raped a Ctan Void Dragon

Angron- because he got burried under tons of concrete and bust out ALIVE and still went on a killing spree

Konrad- because he gets enemies to shit themselves before he even attacks

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
1) Lion El Jonson- According to the fluff, he was second only to Horus and would have been warmaster if Horus hadnt been found yet. And, I'm a Dark Angels player!

2) Roboute Guilliman- He wrote the Index Astartes, and despite many 40k players' reservations regarding the SMurfs, they are the second most badass SM chapter.

3) Angron- Fluff is awesome, and he would have been a great asset to the Imperium if he hadn't turned to chaos...but khorne is pretty cool

·
Registered
67 Posts
Angron all the way.
Berserk fury, awesomely powerful, gladiator background, still alive (or he might be pulling himself back together in the warp, but at the very least he'll be back)
Followed by Mortarion, who had a great backstory and used a scythe, which is always fun to see.
Then magnus, the poor guy...he tried to be a good guy but the emperor was a whiny jealous fool who didn't want anyone else to get close to his psychic might.
Nighthaunter is fun, and possibly alive...I think
Yeah...mostly specific Primarchs...Don't know much about the loyalists

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Konrad Cruze first up all the way. Such a master of terror tatics and got a really raw deal from the Emporer.

Then Corax and Vulkan. Just because they are probably the most human out of the Primarchs.

Then Russ. Who doesn't love a big space Viking.

The rest meh really.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Sanguinius. I've always been fascinated by Judeo-Christian imagery, and Sanguinius is sort of the 40k representation of that. He bleeds goodness, and is sort of this shining example of what humanity should aspire to. I also think it's interesting that he dies willingly for humanity, but unlike Jesus, who he's supposed to be the representation of in 40k, doesn't rise from the grave. I also think it's kind of cool how they literally apply the line "In vita mea..." (from a rather common prayer-- it variously is translated as either "For all my life" or "He lives through me") to Sanguinius' Astartes through the Black Rage.

A close second favorite is Horus. I've always been really into the "war in heaven" mythos in general, and where Sanguinius is an angel, Horus is undeniably Lucifer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
1. Corax - Surprise! Well, i like him because he's very cool, perfected his chapter's way of warfare(so much so that other chapters study the Raven Guard's squad level tactics). Not to mention he did what he had to do to not only to ensure the survival of his legion, but also that of the imperium. He knew the importance of attention to detail and how precision can always trump power.

2. Konrad Kurze - I like him because he is a tragic hero, plus he does what i wish i could do...Stop all of his planet's Crimes and evil. He took the burden of evil upon himself to ensure that his planet was a safe place for his people. Also, he uses an often forgotten element of warfare that i enjoy using - Psychology. He knows that fear is as powerful a weapon as the bolter.

3. Guiliman - He's awesome because he was able to keep the Imperium together while everything threatened to fall apart. He did all this while remaining true to his principles and morality. Not to mention the fact that horus was scared of him and his legion.
It's cool and all to have "Fought at the siege of Terra" in your resume, but it's even cooler to have not fought there because Horus was so scared of you he sent you halfway across the galaxy so he wouldn't have to fight you :p

·
Registered
800 Posts
Curze was assasinated wasnt he? but i heard that he "let" the assassin kill him.

1. Mortarion all the way, love the background story.
2. Magnus/Fullgrim joint second place. Both good storys behind them.
3.Leman Russ/Lion 'El Johnson both joint again both good storys and two of the strongest primarchs.

Couldnt decide on 2 and 3 so i just made it joint decision.

·
Registered
55 Posts
1) Fulgrim, (after reading the book, I just found this guy to be a really complex freak)
2) Lorgar (A zealot who just wanted something to believe in)
3) Magnus/Mortarion (Both cool, but in different ways)
4) Alpharius (don't really know much about him, but being the youngest of 18 super beings couldn't have been easy!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts