Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Either Fulgrim in Fulgrim, or Horus Lupercal in Horus Rising. Dan Abnett set the standard of excellence for the Primarchs, I dont remember who but I read that one of the authors when writing for the Primarchs kept thinking, 'Is this as good as Abnett's Horus?'.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Fulgrim. I remember him being described as akin to a marble statue; his features carved, chisled and perfection incarnate. Also, I love how he is detailed as always wearing a cloak of some variation. Gold-thread, purple in homage to the Legion or a simple, cream colour.

Edit - Ninja` whore! Your firstborn shall pay the price.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Hehehe, we'll see Bobss. Least we agree on Fulgrim's description being excellent. You know I actually found a 1/5 review for Fulgrim earlier on Amazon.co.uk. Pure insanity, Fulgrim is one of the best HH novels.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Its gotta be Horus from Abnett's Horus Rising, gets me everytime! :p

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Fulgrim, is indeed excellent. And what? I found a 5/5 review for Battle For the Abyss, also, a few days ago.
Insanity is all around us.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Its gotta be Horus from Abnett's Horus Rising, gets me everytime! :p
indeed. set a very high standard very early.

Either Fulgrim in Fulgrim, or Horus Lupercal in Horus Rising. Dan Abnett set the standard of excellence for the Primarchs, I dont remember who but I read that one of the authors when writing for the Primarchs kept thinking, 'Is this as good as Abnett's Horus?'.
i think that was ADB in one of his blogs. when he first sat down to pen the first heretic.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Sanguinius in Horus Rising, At least till they give him a better one D:
I didn't care for that one. Sanguinius has blonde hair, all his sources show blonde hair yet Abnett says he has black hair. Should have kept to the sources.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's also now been desscribed as having black hair on Thousand Sons aswell, looks like theyve gone along with it disapointingly.

And yeah Horus was excellent. I did love Russ though, both his first description and then the secondary one when he is marching across the causeway. They captured his image perfectly and to me made him sound more intimidating than Angron

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
toss up for me betwen fulgrim and russ with horus and mortarion creeping up there. however as a a short one off in the anthology tales of heresy has to be Angron....that creeped me out a wee bit

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I didn't care for that one. Sanguinius has blonde hair, all his sources show blonde hair yet Abnett says he has black hair. Should have kept to the sources.
You make it sound as if that's a major thing that the HH novels have changed from what is known- Torgaddon as a loyalist, Tarvtz as just a Captain etc

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Magnus, the copper skinned cyclopian giant. I did so enjoy that book.
The description of angron in that short story where he gives kharn some hammer is indeed a bit disturbing. He is a seriously scary dude.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts