Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I was putting together my newly purchase Land Raider, and totally gasped and cheered wildly in awe when I finaly made the front hatch opening system work. Even though it's primitive, I just love the fact that it works so smoothly, and that it just looks so great. I mean, you pull up one of the hatches and the other one opens! that really excited the caveman in me. :grin:

So, as far as I know, that has to be my favourite piece of a GW model ever. But I wonder: what is yours?

It could be a particular head with an awesome grimace on its face, one mean looking weapon, a particular pose of a metal model or a veicle part (or what ever else, for that matter) that you considder to be particulary awesome.

Speak out! :so_happy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Grah. I finally got mine working too, until I sprayed it, and it dried, then I broke it. Oh well, nothing a little super glue can't fix, just haven't quite figured out where my terminators get out now...oh well. :)

Hmmm, favorite model from GW. For 40k, I can't really say..a lot of the WH and DH armies look awsome, even though they cost-well we won't go there.

If it were to be a model I own, either Yarrick or of course, the Baneblade.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I am a big fan of the MkII heads (the knightly ones in the BT upgrade sprue)

also, any pistol arm that points the pistol out.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
the new possessed models sculpting at its greatest!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine has to be being clever enough not to stick the arms on my dread. That way, I don't have to pay for two! Oh, and my Kustomisable (k because it currently looks waaaaaay too Orky to be marine) Rhino chassis which can be anything from a Razorback, to a Whirlwind or Pred thanks to magnets (yay)

·
Registered
383 Posts
The current style Imperial Plasma Gun because I can never field enough of them. Also any pointing Power Fist is sexy.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a big fan of the MkII heads (the knightly ones in the BT upgrade sprue)

also, any pistol arm that points the pistol out.
Yeah, those are awesome. All Marine heads with that shape are damn sweet, I can't see why they don't kept those and kicked away those ugly gas-mask ones.

And also, I have to declare my love for a large number of the bits in the Ravenwing sprue. With them, any dull Imperial veichle can become the most customized, tricked out ride in the gallaxy!

I'm using its bits heavily on the Land Raider I'm currently asembling. Will look sweet, I hope.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I like the whole general system of Space Marine models. Each kit can be flawlessly integrated with another, which is pretty clever, I think-- most other armies can't boast that you can take any two unit boxes and combine them without doing any cutting and puttying whatsoever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hands down, any rail gun...to me it just screams...DIE YOU UNBELIEVER!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My favouite piece has to be the assault cannon turret on the Land raider crusader.

Twin linked rending!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
the baneblade cannon its massive and is just so impressive

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Personally i like the WFB Slaanaesh mounted champion head. It seems they knew it would be popular - There was no other reason to separate it from the body.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts