Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone mentioned TIE Fighter in another thread and that got me thinking about all the great old video games that I used to play. I noticed that most "Favorite Video Game" threads were heavily slanted towards modern games, so I though one dedicated to those from yester-year would be interesting. I'll kick it off:
1.) Dark Forces 2. Excellent and compelling story. In my opinion, the best Star Wars FPS ever.
2.) Commandos. Who doesn't love ordering around a team of elite commandos in WW2?
3.) Master of Orion 2. It uses DirectX 2 and I still play it. Enough said.
4.) Independence War. Best starship simulator I've ever played.
5.) TIE Fighter. Lost most of a summer playing this.
6.) System Shock 2. Creepy. Engrossing. Brilliant.

I've focused mainly of computer games, but this isn't platform specific.

Cheers

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Original goldeneye, you may as well end the thread now, its the only game thats still better than all the copy+paste shit made today

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Ok, one thing beats the hell out of everything in this thread...

Three words: Star Wars Battlefront

Holy shit that game kicks ass, I am playing it right now, and it still kicks ass, even after that I have wasted literally thousands of hours on it. Now the thread has ended/

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
in order

1) tie fighter (unsurprising, seeing as I mentioned it in another thread)
2) doom - this game changed everything
3) zelda ocarina of time
4) baldur's gate 2
5) goldeneye
6) terror from the deep

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
1) Silent Hill 2

2) Silent Hill 1

3) The other Silent Hills.

The first 2 were amazing games, especially for the time, but unfortunately after the 4th one came out (arguably) the series went downhill... Fortunately I started with Origins and ended with the 2nd one, so i didn't really notice the difference:victory:.

I just know that someone's going to post the RE series... I for one aren't a big fan of them.:grin:

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
I'm rather fond of Dungeon Keeper 2 for PC. I think it was released in '99 but I can't quite remember. It's still a fantastic RTS game.

On the 64 I really liked Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Kazooie. Those platformers were soooo fun.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I just know that someone's going to post the RE series... I for one aren't a big fan of them.:grin:
Damn Straight. Resi 1 & 2 were amazing. Plus 1 had the most hilariously bad voice acting in all of videogaming history.

"Blood? Hope this is not chris' blood" I love Barry so much.

As for fav old games:

Sonic 1, Tekken 2, Super SF2, R-Type, G-Darius, Legend of Zelda, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, California Games, Parasite Eve, Quake 2, Worms, Duke Nukem 3D, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, ISS 98, NHL 96, NBA Jam, Metal Gear Solid, Streets of Rage 2, Soulblade, Contra, Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, Rick Dangerous, Soul Reaver LOK, Bugaboo, Tony Hawk 2, Fantasy world Dizzy, Gods, super speedball 2.

I think that is every game i really liked before the Ps2.

·
Registered
323 Posts
1.starcraft
2.warcraft 3
3.super mario 64
4.super smash brothers
5.final fantasy 7

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not being mean but Old video games i dont think Final fanstasy 7, Warcraft 3 qualifies as old and mine are.

#1 Mario Kart awesome game
#2 Zelda Ocrina of Time
#3 Ping
#4 and Pacman

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Goldeneye. Enough said on that front

Zelda Ocarina of Time. Just amazing anyway but for its time, unreal.

Crash Bandicoot anyone? always a laugh

Metal Gear Solid. Those three words make possibly the coolest sounding game ever, the game itself of course was fucking essence.

Lemmings? hours of pointless fun

Funnily enough saying Silent Hill, i never got past the opening level. Your meant to get cornered in the alley, attacked 'die' as u have no weapons and wake up in hospital, but due to an error or something i escaped the attack and spent fucking hours wandering the empty street trying to firgure out where to go next :S

·
Registered
138 Posts
Guardian Heroes. Hands down favorite...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
wing commander series, doom series, mech warrior, BF1942 (still play it and with mods)starlancer.................and lots more

·
Slaanesh's Plaything
1,290 Posts
Original goldeneye, you may as well end the thread now, its the only game thats still better than all the copy+paste shit made today
We set up a n64 a few months back at uni and tried to play a few games of goldeneye but just could not get in to it.
I loved it back in the day I think that and mario kart where the only things I played on my N64 with friends.

Other old games I loved where Age of Empires played that tons as well as the second one, Total Annihilation I loved this game I remember it was the first game I got for windows 95 and our new PC, got the game and had to wait 2 months till we actually got a pc to play it. I played this game tons, it was the first PC game I played MP using the internet.
Unreal tournament and Quake 3 I love as well as they got me on to online FPS.
BF1942 will always be awesome and BF2 as that was the first game I played in a clan with clan matches which were really fun.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts