Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's everyone's favorite kit to assemble? It doesn't even need to be the prettiest, or the most unique, or even the easiest, just what kit does everyone love to put together the most? Mine would have to be the new Chaos Raptor plastic kit. I love the detail that's put into everything from the head down to the weapons, those chainswords are just beautiful! Plus, for every Raptor unit I put together, I've got plenty of power armour sized marine compatible lightning claws, all of which are gorgeous. They also include an extra five heads, most of which fit in well with a Night Lords themed army, so this gives me plenty of alternatives to those horned helms that come with the standard kits. I wish that Imperial Guard had some well made kits, but who knows, maybe their new release will bring plenty of new goodies to bear :laugh:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
As someone who likes magnets I'm a big fan of the Wraithguard box.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I really enjoy the eldar howling banshees. I know they're finecast but still the poses look amazing. After that, wraithguard.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
95% of the minis I buy are second hand so I don't get to build many from scratch, however I did treat myself to the Dark Talon at the start of the year and that was a lot of fun to put together I found. Surprisingly so.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I like the death company, loads of detail, fully compatible at no extra cost!

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
eldar Falcon and its variants, i must have built close to 20 of these over the years, love them to bits, the introduction of the kit and the white dwarf explaining the process of how it was designed and created is still one of my fondest Hobby moments.
Great model, really needs a recut tool how ever as the current one is old and tired.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Im a huge fan of Tactical Marines because of how versatile they are. and Like @Iraqel I also love 40K scenery (the box set is amazing and i wish i owned 100 of them). Vehicle wise my favorite by far s the storm talon. its a fun model to use and to play with

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Skullcrushers of Khorne are my new favorite. Juggernauts, awesome weapons, lots of Khorne-themed stuff with badass helmets.
:eek:k:
That is a glorious set.

Hmm, my favorite kit? Quite possibly the Necrosphinx, if only for the sheer utility I got out of mine. A Daemon Prince, a Forgefiend, a Soul Grinder, and an essential Heldrake conversion! Plus I love the aesthetic of the model.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
That is a glorious set.

Hmm, my favorite kit? Quite possibly the Necrosphinx, if only for the sheer utility I got out of mine. A Daemon Prince, a Forgefiend, a Soul Grinder, and an essential Heldrake conversion! Plus I love the aesthetic of the model.
Ooh, how did you convert your Heldrake with it?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Filled the sphincter-jet with the tail. Looks so much better (in my eyes) that I flinch a bit when I look at normal Heldrakes.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I enjoyed the Chaos Lord the most. Lots of options, you can kit bash it, all sorts of cool little doo-dads. And the impaled tyranid head still stands to be one of my favorite effects on a model. I Nurgled mine up with blood oozing from the heads down onto and over the lords shoulders and helmet.

The bastiladon was a lot of fun too, very hardy and solid kit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am going to have to go with the Nob Kit, or the Killa Kan Kit. Sooo much Orkiness

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I know you asked for one kit but I am going to cheat a little.
Firstly, the baneblade kit. The engineering that went into this kit is fantastic. It is difficult to get wrong, converts easily and looks fantastic when done, it was at the pointy end of the change to cad models and it shows, the panel fit was astoundingly good, and showed what could be done.

The second kit is different. The old metal demon prince. Total bastard to get together, like the old metal hive tyrant. Pins needed everywhere, bits come off etc, But it is a damn sexy model. When I come back as a demon prince in 40k that is how I want to look, and all the sexy demonettes will lust after me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts