Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

What is your favorite Imperial Guard regiment?

• Cadian Shock Troops

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Valhallan Ice Warriors

• Tallarn Desert Raiders

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Mordian Iron Guard

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Armageddon Steel Legion

• Tanith First & Only

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Catachan Jungle Fighters

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Savlar Chem-Dogs

• Terrax Guard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harakoni Warhawks

• Death Korps of Krieg

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Kanak Skull Takers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 18.8%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title (and poll title) says which is your favorite? And that could be based on fluff, or look or whatever. I'd have to go with Cadian. They were the first units I played with and they've been my favorite since.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would have put other and put Vostroyans, but DKK works for me too :)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Rambo regiment ftw!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely steel legion, I don't own any as of yet, but I am looking forward to the day I get my bills sorted out and half enough cash to paint something else besides spacesmurfs.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Tanith, Flexible tactically intelligent light infantry. Although the only ig i use are the traitor kind.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
It was a toss up between Preatorians and Tallarn for me but as I was given 4 squads of Tallarn yesterday they just edge the vote.

·
Registered
475 Posts
DKK. These guys have no reason to live other then exterminating the Emporers enemies (they cleansed their own home world)... not even the cadains are as crazy as them.

Also see Derondii hive cleansing in the IG codex if you need more proof.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I have a Cadian force (well they are the models I use anyway), but I love the DKK, and would get an entire army of them, except I don't like the idea of painting that many Infantry...Vehicles on the other hand:grin:

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Tallarns all the way! Shocking choice I know, I choose them as my Guard army years ago and have been working on them (very, very slowly) ever since. Like the models, like desert painted tanks and Capt. Al'rahem is awesome in every edition he's been in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts