Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of all the Chapter Masters in 40k, which one is your fav.

Myself I like Sarpedon of the Soul Drinkers. The only Chapter Master who takes a stand against both Chaos and the Imperium. Hes both Mater Librarian and Chapter Master. Wields the Soul Spear, Powerful Psyker, has uber strength, arachnid legs, and the Hell is unique. Beaten a Nurgle DP, a Tzeentch DP, a nasty Champion of Nurgle, survived a uber Alpha Psyker, beaten a Nec Lord, a Super Nec Lord, the Howling Griffins Lord-Librarian Mercaeno, and lets not forget Khorns favored Tellos.

So what your favorite Chapter Master? List their feats and epic victories, good chance to share what other might not know.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Dante- he's become so jaded by war now that the only thing stopping him from seeking his death on an alien battlefield is the prophecy concerning the Golden Warrior standing in the Emperor's defence (not the Emperor's Realm, but literally the big man himself). That is worthy of respect, the fact that even though all he wants is for his duty to finally be done he'll stick around resisting the Black Rage and Red Thirst just so he can be there at the end days to defend his liege.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Logan Grimnar

·
Registered
84 Posts
Even though ive been fieously defending the Space Wolves in a diffrent thread i got to say i disagree here with gen.Ahab here, Grimnar is great and a close second but its got to be Pedro Kantor, i mean hes, seen his chapter take a massive blow, held back on his pride (as a result saved his chapter from being wiped out), and has got it back up to half strength with in 10 years. that is praise worthy of if i was ever to do so

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Second from Grimnar the fact that I can split his attacks between power fist or ice axe makes me happy when going up against units

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Dante, he just has the best background of all the Chapter Masters. He leads from the front, the most highly respected Space Marine Chapter Master out there.

Gabriel Seth gets a mention for working out how to deal with a chapter of utter fucking psychopaths.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gabriel Seth gets a mention for working out how to deal with a chapter of utter fucking psychopaths.

Yeah hes in my top five since the new BA dex came out. Unlike the BAs who seem to mostly keep the rage in check he rolls with it. He like Kharn... with a bigger chainsaw.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Dante is one of the most respected, not the most. They don't actually say he is the be all end all.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
For you perhaps. Lol

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I'm torn between Grimnar and Seth. Seth is a berzerker who has embraced his fate and that of his men, willing to go to any lengths to achieve his objectives. Logan is a wise and ancient battle leader respected all throughout the Imperium. He is all for the people under his protection, as seen in the aftermath of the 1st war for Armaggedon, and is willing to take on other imperial organisations to that end.

Two different style leaders, but both very effective.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Logan of course! Doesn't let the establishment give him or his Wolves any S*** & inspires an awesome l'esprit Du Corp. Don't come with polished apples to Logan's table! Unless you can feast like a man & prove yourself in battle he won't be interested. Logan also has the biggest crib outside Terra :taunt: . Ask the Empy he knows best & who to call when a tough job needs doing properly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
calgar for his tactical brilliance,and huron blackheart(pre-badab war)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know Huron was a badass till the SM #s turn against him. As Huron Blackheart is one of my favs and my largest army is Red Corsairs, I definatly place him with Seth and Sarpedon. Lot good names getting thrown out there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts