Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Personally i perfer Word bearers i know noobish but their colors are amazingly atractive to me so thats why i play them and Thousand Sons secondary but i want to here what the people say which legion is most liked out of these groups

Emperor's Children
Iron Warriors
Night Lords
World Eaters
Death Guard
Thousand Sons
Black Legion
Word Bearers
Alpha Legion

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
They are all so cool. How are we supposed to choose? I i can do is list the ones i don't like as much. Emperors children and the Word bearers are cool in their own way but the other 6 are impossible to separate and all outstanding.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Emperor's Children. I just love the myriad ways you can put them together;
1. Great Crusade/Pre-Heresy. The paint scheme is probably my favourite of any in 40 (alright, 30)K.
2. On the TT, you can use their higher I to make people cry in CC; or, you can load up on the Sonic Weapons (on the Cult troops at least) and make people cry when you shoot at them, although it is costly points-wise.
3. Great modelling opportunites. With their dedication to perfection, you can use art-y skills to freehand banners, NMM armour and really make the colours rich. You can use multiple kits to kitbash troops who embody the Crusade-era perfection, or the later corrupted dedication to excess, and everywhere in between.
4. If you can make a decent Fulgrim, I will love you forever! (And who would need anymore persuasion than that?:))

Beyond that, they all have such great background that you have lots of room to do whatever you want. Imagine the Legion of the Damned models as Night Lords, for example. Mix DC and Beserkers to give your army a really Khornate look.
I get all giddy just thinking about all of this! I've started my Chaos/Loyalist force which will be EC + WE using, primarily, the BA 'dex. I can paint up the other soon-to-be-traitor Legions to use as Tac squads. Throw in some Possessed or obviously Chaotified models, and I can use the CSM 'dex.
Mercah; I do believe Ahm gettin the vapours!

GFP

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'm torn between the Word Bearers, the Thousand Sons and the Iron Warriors. Marduk, Ahriman and Honsou. 'nuff said.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm torn between my love of all things heavy (Iron Warriors) or all things sorcerous (Thousand Sons).

Damn you mcneill and your hh books!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thousand Sons! They look awesome, especially in their pre heresy colors, and they are perfect for killing loyalist marines.

Word bearers look cool, but Im not a huge fan of their fluff.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Putch your comment on reporting this i asked which your fabvorite i dont need a sas understood

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey im torn between my love of Word Bearers Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors to man dam you books you made me love them to much

·
Registered
475 Posts
Love the death guard,night lords,and Tsons but i have to go world eaters for the win.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Plus bezerkers are beasts :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts