Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats you fave tank/walker to use or anything in 40k. Just post the name and the reason. you cna have many for example here are mine.

Eldar War Walker - Monster load of fire power when your fireing of 8 S6 shots per turn.
Venrable Dreadnought - Looks bad ass and acts bad ass
Landraider(any) - The untimate in bad assness.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Armoured Sentinels are pretty cool, but for me I'd say Dreadnought. Probably the nearest thing in 40k to the awesomely badass things off Avatar. God I wish they did them...

Midnight

·
Registered
381 Posts
My top three would be....

1# Leman Russ Battle Tank
2# Wraithlord(not really a walker but just so kick ass)
3# Hellhound

but its a very tough choice

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
hmm hard to choose, i think in order probably(not counting titans here as i dont own one or have used one otherwise i would have put it here)
1. Leman Russ - very versatile tank
2. Dreadnought - just awesome
3. Blood Slaughter - looks awesome and close combat mence

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
For walkers, Rifleman dreads beat out warwalkers, but only by so much.

For vehicles...
Well, The entire 'head series is cool. It's a shame you can't squadron them, since then ionheads would be playable. Talk about a cool-ish unit that is completely useless due FOC screw.

Predators are also cool, particularly AL/Las pred's. It's the best of three worlds, really. It doesn't cost the moon, it's terrifying to transports and it can hurt the tougher stuff.

But ultimately, I've gotta give love the the falcon chassis variants. The Serpent, as of 5th, makes eldar playable, Falcons are their usual lovable selfs, particularly in dakka or gunboat configs, and the Prism... good lord. They fixed an unplayable vehicle and got it just right. Not overpowered. Just. Right. It's sweet from the standpoint of an Eldar player AND from the standpoint of codex design. It's a shame that HS is the Eldar's second most heinously stacked FOC slot, but hey, it's burning prism death in a wraithbone can!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Without a doubt the Leman Russ Battle Tank...
Av14, firing two weapons on the move including one str 8 AP3 ordnance blast at 72 inches, and you can take 3 per heavy support choice*
Whats not to love?

*you should never actually take 3 though, just 2 at most

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Tank - Leman Russ here as well...the standard Russ and 2 of the varients are worth fielding.

Walker - Sentinel..the MRP one from FW is a sweet model.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
Leman Russ

Just fun, flavorful, and full of kick ass.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Tank: Predator.

Walker: Dreadnought.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Soul grinder, lovely model. I like to sub them for defilers.
The dreadnought. The coolest model concept in 40k. I have far too many.
Penitent engine. Great concept, pity the rules suck.

·
Registered
317 Posts
hmmm... probably Ironclad Dreadnought. Love the weapon loadout capability and I would piss scared to face one on the battlefield.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Leman Russ- First 40k model I bought, it got me into the game and IG

Griffon-Always loved them for some reason, something about a cheap close support Mortor always bring a smile to my face.

Chimera-Since getting enough to fully mech my IG army & FW AC turrets, they ended up being my workhorse unit. Especial with Al'rahem's outflanking platoon.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Chimera-Since getting enough to fully mech my IG army & FW AC turrets, they ended up being my workhorse unit. Especial with Al'rahem's outflanking platoon.
Do you cop much flak for running these (AC turrets)?..depends how many you field I guess, but some have a decidedly dim view of them been used.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Do you cop much flak for running these (AC turrets)?..depends how many you field I guess, but some have a decidedly dim view of them been used.
I mostly only play with friends or people I know and no one has ever really cared. I carry the ML turrets with me when I go to the local GWs or the Bunker just in case.

I have 4 for my Inf. squads and the CCS & 2 PCS have Twin-Linked HB turrets.:victory:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I mostly only play with friends or people I know and no one has ever really cared. I carry the ML turrets with me when I go to the local GWs or the Bunker just in case.

I have 4 for my Inf. squads and the CCS & 2 PCS have Twin-Linked HB turrets.:victory:
Similar for me as well in some respects...but it can be a very devisive issue with some, but best to be avoided:wink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts