1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Client wanted Pre Heresy Emperors Children C&C welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Great looking Titan.
I love that it looks like there's a heart in that thing. I think that's what that is.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I like the techniques you have used but I am a little confused over one aspect. You mentioned that the client wanted pre-heresy Emperor's Children, however, this is a Chaos Titan?
Also, I would have expected to see some Gold on the banding and edging to represent the legion colours?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the techniques you have used but I am a little confused over one aspect. You mentioned that the client wanted pre-heresy Emperor's Children, however, this is a Chaos Titan?
Also, I would have expected to see some Gold on the banding and edging to represent the legion colours?
basically he just wanted the purple and silver edging he didnt like the Pinkish colours
as for the gold most of the images he gave me had silver edging not gold..and i chose to do bone as i felt it looked better that most of the standard gold ive seen i think it works well..
i hope that helps with your question..thanks for taking the time to comment:victory:

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I'll comment because you suggested that you wanted more comments. But otherwise I would have just looked and moved on because my comments are mostly going to be constructive criticism not accolades.

I'm not sure if the photos and lighting just aren't doing the model justice but the paint scheme looks pretty bland to me. This was clearly a huge project and quite a number of hours work, especially if you were also doing the assembly. Of course, I know this is a commission but I don't know what "level of service" the client was paying for, and independent of that knowledge, it looks rushed.

There are two main problems I'm seeing; the colour palette is very limited and there isn't enough contrast in the values. By limited palette I don't just mean 'few colours' but also few gradations of those colours. Each of the main colour areas seems pretty flat to me, the purple and silver in particular. The areas of mutation and corrosion also seem to have the same very few colors on them. For example, the interior uses the same reds and greens for almost all the mutation effects. It's supposed to emperor's children, so there's lots of purple but there aren't any sort of legion markings or insignia. And everywhere that might have color is purple, with such a large model that rather fatigues the eye.

None of this is bad work, it just seems unfinished to me.

Other details like the box and the ammo dump, despite being under the foot of a titan aren't crushed or squashed, that throws my suspension of disbelief.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll comment because you suggested that you wanted more comments. But otherwise I would have just looked and moved on because my comments are mostly going to be constructive criticism not accolades.

I'm not sure if the photos and lighting just aren't doing the model justice but the paint scheme looks pretty bland to me. This was clearly a huge project and quite a number of hours work, especially if you were also doing the assembly.yes 35hrs for the assembly
Of course, I know this is a commission but I don't know what "level of service" the client was paying for,table top and independent of that knowledge, it looks rushedwhat makes it look rushed? waht does "rushed" look like?

There are two main problems I'm seeing; the colour palette is very limited and there isn't enough contrast in the values.unfortunalty my camera isnit the best and doesnt pick up the diffident purple blends By limited palette I don't just mean 'few colours' but also few gradations of those colours. Each of the main colour areas seems pretty flat to me, the purple and silverIn person the silvers actually have a rsuty/orange wash whitch again my camera doesn't pick up in particular. The areas of mutation and corrosion also seem to have the same very few colors on them. For example, the interior uses the same reds and greens for almost all the mutation effects.Client Choice It's supposed to emperor's children, so there's lots of purple but there aren't any sort of legion markings or insigniayes i am aware of that and answered that previously. And everywhere that might have color is purple, with such a large model that rather fatigues the eye.

None of this is bad work, it just seems unfinished to me. so how does it need finishing?

Other details like the box and the ammo dump, despite being under the foot of a titan aren't crushed or squashed, that throws my suspension of disbelief.this was the clients choice..
i can tell you this was not a rushed job this took me 3 and a half weeks working on it every day full time.
as its a commission i paint what the client asks for..he chose the colour scheme(s) and how he wanted it based..thanks for commenting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts