Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
As far as i know you choose your spells at the start of each game. The only wizard you have to specify your spells in your army list is the necromaner for VCs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I thought becuase you have to decide what lore you are using in the list for all wizards would you have to choose Fateweavers spells as they are chosen from chosen lores?

·
Registered
442 Posts
it's a weird one which i am not sure about but i would say army list although this is only really a problem in tournys as i write my lists as and when asked for a game

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
No, you dont have to pick the spells with your army list- everyone else rolls for spells before set up and thats when you'll pick your spells. The only thing you would need to put on the army list is the lores youa re taking, which weeing as how you get Tzeentch and all 8 from the rulebook automatically could probably be left clear (you have no choice).

·
Registered
596 Posts
Doesn't Fateweaver fall under the "If you have a Wizard that is allowed to choose specific spells, you must select which spells they are at the time you pick your army." rule on page 134, bottom of the first column?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another question, if the Good head casts Throne of Vines, then the next turn the Evil head miscasts do I still get to ignore the miscast on 2+ because of Throne of Vines effect?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I would say no- the spell specifically states "the wizard" (not "the model") and the rules for Kairos say to use each head as a seperate wizard for the purposes of a miscast... so its 1 model until you miscast, and at that point it matters as to which head cast throne of vines (as if you couldnt guess) and which head cast the miscast.

I guess thats the downside ofthe 2 heads... but you cant really complain because if you roll a 2-4 on the miscast and zap yourself back into the warp you still have 1 head remaining in the real world- if you want to use them as 2 seperate wizards for the purpose of that you really cant argue that they are 1 for the pursposes of throne of vines... and if you did you would really require a slap :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
As I understood it: Each of the two wizards that make up fate-weaver can have ANY 4 spells from ANY of the lores the respective head has access to, and then both heads - so both lvl 4 wizards can cast and know ALL of the Tzeentch spells. When you're gonna make a force just note down which ones you are taking. Chances are when I get 'im and build him there will be spells in several of the lores I'd want to take into most/all my battles as they're that good or useful for my force or against my friends so I'd just write them down and keep them to hand before each game and keep them with my other bits of paper with army point-ups scrawled across them.

I've yet to play him yet as I've just started up a WFB Daemon Army as of yesterday, pure Tzeentch one. I'm looking forward to hearing people's combos of spells and such.

Also I agree with Tim/Steve, each head is a separate wizard and so each is affected by it's own spells. Unless the spell says 'the model'

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
OK, just a quick wish list... I doubt I'll ever use Kairos since my daemons are almost solely devoted to 40k, but I can dream (especially when forced into poor lores with my WE and ogres).

Fire- piercing bolts of burning (great against any stupidly large 'steadfast' unit)
Beasts- the curse of Anraheir (massively funny against any unit that is standing in terrain)
Metal- searing doom (byebye heavy cavalry/infantry, even a steam tank would be mush)
Light- Birona's timewarp (one of the best buff spells in the game)
Life- dwellers below (possibly regrowth, both for the obvious reasons)
Heavens- comet of casandora (classic, and its lethal)
Shadow- the withering (possibly Okkam's mindrazor, withering is an awesome spell, and Okkam's is funny)
Death- purple sun of Xereus (its not even a choice, dwarves, LM, nurgle, ogres and undead will all hate you)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts