Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the new daemon models coming out I thought I might try out a Fatecrusher list. Comments appreciated.

Fateweaver 333

Bloodthirster, Unholy Might, Blessings of the Blood God 275

3 Bloodcrushers, Chaos Icon, Instrument 150

3 Bloodcrushers, Chaos Icon, Instrument 150

5 Fiends of Slaanesh 150

7 Pink Horrors wih Changeling 141

7 Plaguebearers

7 Plaguebearers

Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze 160

Daemon Prince, Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch 215

Daemon Prince, Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch 215

Total 1999/2000

Strategy is fairly simple. Use bolts or flying MC's to pop armor, fiends to catch and lock down units, crushers to mop up. The list is weak against mech, but daemons always seem kind of weak against mech. Tried a variation on this list against mechdar, with flamers instead of fiends and more horrors. I just love my converted cold one fiends and want to see if I can't make them work in this list instead.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Fatecrusher pretty much stopped being viable when 5th edition came out. There's nowhere near enough anti-vehicle firepower in this list to take on mechanized armies. To have a chance, drop the Bloodthirster and take a couple of Tzeentchian Heralds on Chariots with Bolt, Master of Sorcery and We Are Legion. Still, chances are you're going to get chewed up and spat out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've got a real simple solution to your mech problem. Drop the Princes, get 3 Grinders with Phlegm, and go to town. You'd have S 8 AP 3 pie plates that not only are assualt, insta kill marines, and make a mess of transports in a hurry. And if you really feel like tearing a Land Raider open use fleet and their insane number of DDCWs to tear into them. Plus you'll free up alot of points for more troops. :victory: Plus these guys attract so much attention in the opening round it seems to me like most opponents forget that you have easier targets.

Put your Crushers into units of 4 with Icon, Fury, and Musician. Then play the wound allocation game all day long. Backed by Fateweaver these guys are brutal. :biggrin: A smart opponent though will try to target Fateweaver. :( But nothing in 40K is guaranteed. There are only 2 guarantees in life: Death and Taxes.

Don't drop the Thirster. He is THE meanest MC in the game. :wild: Anybody who says they aren't hasn't had 2 of them tear their whole army to shreds. I regularily kill a Grey Knight army that uses 3 Land Raiders without much issues thanks to those guys. In fact, I've brutalized that army so much my bud only plays his Guard against my Daemons now. And his 'leafblower' list isn't even that hard to deal with.

I don't get all the people hating on Daemons. I think alot of it is misconception. They were never intended to shoot Mech armies to peices. Daemons are primarily assualt based just like most Chaos armies. Use your DSing to get high strength flying MCs/fleeting Grinders in assualt against vehicles. Even a unit of Bloodletters will tear open anything that has armour 10 on the rear easy. Even easier if that unit has a Fury upgrade. Use your DSing to dictate your opponents reactions. If he's just reacting to you, he's losing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts