Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I was playing a game yesterday and it came up that you can only fire 1 weapon if you moved at cruising speed now i moved my ravager 12 and always thought it could fire all of its weapons even if it moved 12

so my question is if I moved 12 with it can i only fire one weapon?

·
Registered
387 Posts
if you move 12" in a skimmer you can only fire 1 weapon and all defensive weapons( weapons strength 4 and below) check the bottom of page 73 in the rule book there is a nice little table telling you exactly how much you can fire at what ever speed you move.

Note: afaik the only exception to this is if you have potms which will allow you to fire 2 weapons and all defensive weapons when moving at cruising speed

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
if you move 12" in a skimmer you can only fire 1 weapon and all defensive weapons( weapons strength 4 and below) check the bottom of page 73 in the rule book there is a nice little table telling you exactly how much you can fire at what ever speed you move.

Note: afaik the only exception to this is if you have potms which will allow you to fire 2 weapons and all defensive weapons when moving at cruising speed

hope this helps

Not quite.

As it says in the rule book. Any non-fast verhilce(excluding walkers) then they can fire all weapons if they didn't move, 1+ defensive if they moved upto 6" and none if they moved upto 7"+
Fast verhilces work the same only =you up the limits so now you cna fire all weapons if you moved LESS than 7", 1+ Defensive weapons if you move between 7" and 12" and no weapons if you move 13"+.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not quite.

As it says in the rule book. Any non-fast verhilce(excluding walkers) then they can fire all weapons if they didn't move, 1+ defensive if they moved upto 6" and none if they moved upto 7"+
Fast verhilces work the same only =you up the limits so now you cna fire all weapons if you moved LESS than 7", 1+ Defensive weapons if you move between 7" and 12" and no weapons if you move 13"+.
you just said the same as me but worded it different so how was I not quite?

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
You didn't clarify the different types of vehicles, like Fast or not. Just having the Skimmer descriptor doesn't change how vehicles fire.

·
Registered
387 Posts
skimmers fast vehicles though and i also gave him the page number so he could see the difference between fast,walkers etc on the table, i didn't feel it was necesary to treat the person asking the question like he knew nothing about the game and figured a light answer and a page referance would be good enough, but hey next time i will be more specific i guess

apologies

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
skimmers fast vehicles though and i also gave him the page number so he could see the difference between fast,walkers etc on the table, i didn't feel it was necesary to treat the person asking the question like he knew nothing about the game and figured a light answer and a page referance would be good enough, but hey next time i will be more specific i guess

apologies
Fast tnaks work the same as Fast Skimmers in the turms of firing weapons. I just said "Not quite" as you said that Skimmers did that and not "fast" tanks and the like. Also not all fast tanks are skimmers. For example The Baal Preditor is fast, Blood angel Razorback and there quiote a few skimmers that arn't fast such as the Hammerhead or the Monalith.

·
Registered
387 Posts
please read the original post he is talking about a ravager which is a skimmer so why i would explain rules about monoliths from necrons or baal preds from blood angels when he clearly doesn't care about that he just wants to know about his ravager and what it can do.

on a side note the page ref i gave him will explain anything else about other vehicals and shooting so why type it out on here and confuse the initial question with talks about different vehicles?

just my thoughts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Fast Vehicles have to move 6" or less to fire all their weapons, not just less than 7". Going 6.8" will put you over.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
please read the original post he is talking about a ravager which is a skimmer so why i would explain rules about monoliths from necrons or baal preds from blood angels when he clearly doesn't care about that he just wants to know about his ravager and what it can do.
Because giving a comprehensive answer about what the actual rules do for the type of vehicle mentioned, instead of just a particular vehicle makes it more likely that further questions will not arise when another vehicle is encountered. Your statement that skimmers have certain shooting rules was incorrect and it was corrected.

Are we really all arguing over the same right answers? lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Plus sometimes people read these responses who aren't the person asking the particular problem and you'll confuse them. I know this all sounds like a personal attack, but these folks are just trying to make sure you don't confuse the clueless people out there (like me).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Fast Vehicles have to move 6" or less to fire all their weapons, not just less than 7". Going 6.8" will put you over.
It is LESS than 7" and you can only move in 1" increments otherwise people will be bitching ever 5 secon ds saying you moved an extra 0.3cm(3mm) IOt's stupid. Thats why i sais less than 7".

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
It is LESS than 7" and you can only move in 1" increments otherwise people will be bitching ever 5 secon ds saying you moved an extra 0.3cm(3mm) IOt's stupid. Thats why i sais less than 7".
What you say is wrong. There is no fixed increment for movement, only absolute maximum/minimum. The rules always state that normal movement distances are 'up to' and not 'less than'. See page 57. For example, movement at combat speed is up to 6", while cruising speed is anything greater than 6" and up to 12".

·
Registered
384 Posts
so a fast skimmer can move 6" and fire all of its weapons regardless, moving 12" it can fire a single weapon and any defensive weapons. defensive weapons being those with str 4 or less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts