Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so just wondering here, what should I buy for my Chaos space marines???

Raptors or Bikes?

I run a Death Guard army, so I just wodnering. I am new to the game so please tell me.

Another question.

Defiler or Preditor or Vindicator or Obliterters?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Depends on your tactics. I played against an amazing Death Guard player, and he used no fast attack (NOT a Nurgle thing), plus a Land Raider and Defiler.

If you really want Fast Attack though, again, depends on your tactics, but I would recommend Bikes with an AC, so you can summon a Greater Daemon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the type that likes to do quick lightning hits on my opponent. I always believe in a strong base, and until recently saw a use for Fast Attack.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
^ Well in that case you shouldn't be playing deathguard!:so_happy: This is more of a Tau, Eldar, DE, White scars, Dark Angel tactic. Deathguard is made for sitting still and shooting until the enemy gets close enough. Think of them more as a rock; unmovable and very, very hard to crack:grin:. Unfortunately, CSM only have two valid Fast Attack choices, so you're very limited on what you want to do, but Bikes with MoN are very fast, and very effecient.

Good luck!
DH

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No actually thats my plan. Let my opponent send in their forces to attack my rock and hit them with a fast moving blitz in side forcing a flank to fall. looks good on paper. I understand that Death Guard are suppose to set down and take it. However, I much perfer to make my death guard.....a contatgous plague. I know basically making them work like the black death would be something stupid sounding. Just I am different I guess. Still gotta love the fact that biker squad would have 4(6) with the mark.

·
Registered
390 Posts
if you want fast attack for deathguard then spawn are for you:p. However, if you want fast attack you could move away from deathguard and do another scheme. I'm not sure about the purge and their tactics so you could paint up a nurgle biker list in their colours?
How about this list:
HQ
Chaos Lord-MoN,bike,daemon weapon=180
Troops
7xPlague Marines-2xPlasma gun, Champ w/power fist=231
7xPlague Marines-2xPlasma gun, champ w/power fist=231
7xPlague Marines-2xFlamer, champ w/power fist=211
Fast attack
7xChaos Bikers-MoN,2xmelta gun,champ w/power fist=341:p
6xChaos Bikers-MoN,2xmelta gun,champ w/power fist=308
Total=1502pts
The chaos lord and bikers flank around the back of the enemy lines while the plague marines seize objectives close to your deployment zone. The bikers then proceed to turn your enemies transports into sludge then the plague marines mow down the survivors. The lord and his bikers (the smaller unit) can also target MCs with their two strength 8 AP 1 shots the power fist and the nurgle daemon weapon (which wounds on a 4+). Towards the end of the game the bikers can then make a last turn dash to contend enemy objectives. This is a very tough list (the minimum toughness is 5!) and can do a lot of damage but will be out numbered. The bikers will get every gun the enemy owns pointing their way in order to down them so remember to always move the bikes at least 18" in order to claim their cover save so basically they're either moving to fast to hit or smoking a tank. TARGET THE BIGGEST GUNS FIRST! I cannot stress this enough. You need to make sure that the enemies battlecannons/basilisks/etc. are out of action before your bikes slow down because if they don't have their cover save these guns will obliterate your extremely expensive units in a single turn of fire. When faced with ork or nid armies switch the meltas for plasmas (drop the PF to a PW on the other squad to make up the points) and send the bikers MC/elite unit hunting.

Hope you like the list. It will take a long time to get used to but will work. Bear in mind that an intelegent enemy will try to drag you down with weight of shots and 20 bolter shots will drag down an average of one bike per turn.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems like an interesting idea. I will look into that. Thank you for the ideas guys.

BTW I am a very loyal death guard fan lmao.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been running a nurgle army for a couple years now. For a while, I didn't use any form of fast attack. However, I decided after reading several articles on the world's deadliest diseases that an airborne disease was the way to go. I have ran 2 squads of raptors since. It is pretty effective, but are going to require a few games to iron out your game plan. I do like the idea of nurgle marines on bikes though... T6 is always sweet:biggrin:. I have just never been a fan of chaos bikes... I may try my hand at making some custom bikes though.
As far as raptor tactics go, there are several ways that I have heard of people using them. I personally use them to get units that have a high amount of fire power stuck in cc until my plague marines arrive. This is all highly dependent on the build of your army. Anyways, that is just what I do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I run a more assaulty army. Depending on the points I run: 2x 7 man squads of pms in a rhino w/2 plasma, 2 x 7 man squads of pms in a rhino w/ 2 melta. 5 man squad of chosen w/ icon and 5x melta, 7 man squad of raptors w/ champ w/ twin link lightning claws. dp w/ wings, MoN, warptime. If points allow, I add an identical raptor squad and dp.

Forgot, I always run at least 1 predator w/ las and hb side sponsons. If i can afford it... 2 with the same set up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts