Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive been trying to Google this but i cant seem to find a definitive ruling..

a question came up in a game..a 10 man unit of suits all with traget lock..can they shoot at 10 different targets..

target lock in the tau codex say a model can fire at a different target to his unit, as does split fire in the BRB..

now the person was saying that as they all have target lock they can all fire at separate targets..but how does this work with the "to his unit" or does it not matter...?

really stumped on this one :(:(

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I don't see anything saying they can't shoot at different targets for each target lock they have. I would make the person declare all the targets before he started to roll dice though since the unit is supposed to be all firing at the same time.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see anything saying they can't shoot at different targets for each target lock they have. I would make the person declare all the targets before he started to roll dice though since the unit is supposed to be all firing at the same time.
yes i couldn't see that they couldn't do it either..
so they way i see it is this..if its correct..

1 guy shoots at one target the other shoot at another unit.
a ll guys shoot at different targets.

but none can shoot at the same target..

would that be correct?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
He has to declare all of his targets before he makes any rolls. There can be some repeated targets.

The reason I am saying he needs to declare before rolls is to prevent him from shooting at something until it's dead, then moving on to the next.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has to declare all of his targets before he makes any rolls. There can be some repeated targets.

The reason I am saying he needs to declare before rolls is to prevent him from shooting at something until it's dead, then moving on to the next.
how can there be repeated targets? if they have to fire at a different target?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
What he said.

Look at it this way, if he points to one model and says this is the 'unit'.

If another model fires at the same target as the 'unit', no issue.

If another model fires at a different target, it is a different target than the 'unit'.

If two models fire at a different target but they both fire at the same target, it is still a different target than the 'unit'

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What he said.

Look at it this way, if he points to one model and says this is the 'unit'.

If another model fires at the same target as the 'unit', no issue.

If another model fires at a different target, it is a different target than the 'unit'.

If two models fire at a different target but they both fire at the same target, it is still a different target than the 'unit'
yes this is exactly my confusion..i have a tournament coming up in 2 weeks and i know im going to have to rule on this and i just dont know what to allow..

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Meh, I thought I was clear enough, guess not.

They can fire at whoever the fuck they want. If some of them shoot the same target it is legal. If none of them shoot the same target it is legal.

Just make the person declare all targets before they roll the dice to prevent bullshit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts