Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Tau folks.. need some help.

I plan on putting together a Farsight Enclave army list, and going Crisiswing; no 'fleshy mortals' anywhere. Just battlesuits. Crisis for my troop choices, XV9-Hazards for Fast Attacks, Broadsides in the Heavy slots, Riptides for Elites and an R'Varna to support them from the back. Yes, lots of FW... Go big or go home.

I'm probably going to go with R'alai as my HQ/Warlord, just to keep the theme of all these heavy suits going, and his design kind of works great to tie the R'Varna and the XV-9s to the rest of the army.

However, the R'Varna really needs Markerlight support to be worthwhile, because those pie plates have a chance of scattering a whole lot. But without running pathfinders, and wanting to keep to all battlesuits and AI (drones), I can't think of a lot of very accurate markerlights. The changes to R'alai, with the lack of Networked Markerlights makes his blacklight markers kind of silly and worthless (his gun should kill whatever I'm marking), so that leaves plain old every day markerdrones.

I'm not adverse to markerdrones, but with their low BS, it's a tricky proposition to hit, and my current list only has 8 (2 of those belonging to R'alai). I can think of a better way to throw penlights out, unless I had a second HQ running a drone controller and a fast attack squad of drones. I can't run C&CN for them, because I'm using Farsight.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

·
Registered
275 Posts
maybe tetras,since you can give them targetlock(not sure with 6th) and split the markerlights? but with drone controller, you can give them BS5, even without C&CN youd have a good chance to hit.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aha. Since I'm going FW-crazy anyway, the XV-84 is perfect. Drone Controller, Target Lock and Networked Markerlight, on top of a bunch more drones... he becomes a great 'spotter' unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts