Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an Eldar Farseer use fortune on itself or a squad it is with and assault in the same turn? I'm thinking no, but what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i usually charge him with enhance and 2 of his psychic powers

so i hit more easily with him and his bodyguards and still wound on 2s

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course it can, what would stop it? Fortune is used at the beginning of the turn and doesn't prevent the farseer from doing anything.
My bad.
Well actually my friends bad. He used Fortune in the shooting phase, thats what messed me up. Going to have to make sure he doesn't do that again. I was on the thought process of "He is shooting his own guy so he can only assault his own guy due to the shooting and then assaulting rules."

Thanks Culler. This was driving me nuts.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fortune is most certainly used at the begining of the Eldar turn and lasts until the beginning of the next Eldar turn. Check your codex.

CaHG

·
Registered
280 Posts
thats nice ...so i can still shoot and use a another pyschic power
That depends, if your second power is e-storm or Mindwar then you can't shoot anything else as they both are used during the Shooting phase.... Doom and Guide work in the same manner as Fortune so they ar fair game to be used with shooting as well.

Example:
Cast Fortune on Harlequins,
Cast Doom on enemy Termies, (using Spirit Stones of course, or Eldrad)
Shoot enemy Rhino (that happens to be close) with Spear, or a Third power if you happen to be Eldrad (not using his Staff).
Watch Harlies go into CC with Termies....=== Fun Fun Fun, they strike first, Rend things down, re-roll to wound, and then get to re-roll their Inv save if they need it.

I hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
yer you can use it BUT at the UKGT heats psyers couldnt use powers in combat, i think it was to do with all powers count as shooting unless they already state, even thought they are done in different phases, this is stupid thought

martin

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i usually use my farseer with my rangers in 500 point battles
keeping my harlequins or hawks or other aspect troops hidden waiting for them to come to me

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Good point. I think with the rule question answered, it;s probably best to start a factics thread about how best to use farseers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts