Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So just read this on BoLs

After the Errata and FAQ articles were removed from the GW website following the update, I sent GW (UK) an email asking what had happened to them. I got this response this morning:
"...
Thanks for the email regarding the FAQs on the new website.

Currently the FaQ's are not available on the website, as the design team are taking this opportunity to fully update all the FAQ and Errata articles. This is only temporary and these FAQ's will be made available again in the very near future.
..."
So apparently we should be getting a full update for ALL FAQ and Errata articles soon, straight from the horse's mouth.

Pretty awesome! Again though I doubt it would be very big changes hopefully though they will fix mutilators, land speeder vengeance ,Nephelim and bump the price for a helldrake.
Thats my wishlisting. I dont think ever before all FAQs and Erratas been pulled and updated all at once?
Then again, FW seems to be updating all FAQs aswell.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well, this is great!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I always like reading all the new FAQs its like reading a codex for the first time and you get to see what stuff has been made better or worse.... but for free :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I sincerely doubt they will "fix" any of the units if they work under the current rules. I suspect they will just do a quick review of their previous FAQ's and see if there are any inconsistencies that had gone previously unfixed and bring it up to speed. Anyone hoping for any sort of rebalancing will probably be disappointed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can see this as either supporting or denying the rumored 7th/6.5 BRB coming out next month. Why would they bother updating FAQs for 6th when they know full well that 7th will hit in ~2 weeks? So if they post them again for 6th then it would seem that 7th is farther off than rumored. On the other hand, if 7th IS being released in 2 weeks then maybe it makes sense to work on all of the FAQs at once so that they can repost them in conjunction with the new BRB.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I can see this as either supporting or denying the rumored 7th/6.5 BRB coming out next month. Why would they bother updating FAQs for 6th when they know full well that 7th will hit in ~2 weeks? So if they post them again for 6th then it would seem that 7th is farther off than rumored. On the other hand, if 7th IS being released in 2 weeks then maybe it makes sense to work on all of the FAQs at once so that they can repost them in conjunction with the new BRB.
In two weeks is May and that's the rumored release of Wood Elves. The release for this is like June or July at the soonest.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Just remove the FAQ that said the Heldrake has a 360 degree arc. Make it a Hull Mount and you're away.

I'm hoping for something a bit more involved than most previous FAQ's. Hopefully, more things like the DA/BT Storm Shield/Cyclone FAQ, less 'If a Stormraven is going at full speed and explodes and the resulting hit immobilises the Dreadnought passenger, where does the Dreadnought go?'

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
They have. The helbrute went from 105 pts to a 100 pts.
That was because, if I recall correctly, the english version of C: CSM were the only version they misprinted that in. For some reason they included the cost of it's bolter in it's profile, even though it didn't have it any longer. So that had nothing to do with a rebalancing and more to do with the fact that the english CSM dex contained an error.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In two weeks is May and that's the rumored release of Wood Elves. The release for this is like June or July at the soonest.
May, June, July.... aren't ALL of those the "very near future" judging by GW's normal timelines? ;-)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Aw, man cmon you know I mean bump in point price!
I understood what was meant and used the same vernacular that you used in your OP, I didn't realize I had changed the context by replying.

I think Midnight has it right, the 360 degree firing arc is pretty ridiculous. Obviously understandable, given that you can explain virtually anything in Sci-Fi with 'because things work like that in the future'. I would settle on cover saves being allowed against Vector Strikes though, or at least VSs being based on LoS before or after the move.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understood what was meant and used the same vernacular that you used in your OP, I didn't realize I had changed the context by replying.

I think Midnight has it right, the 360 degree firing arc is pretty ridiculous. Obviously understandable, given that you can explain virtually anything in Sci-Fi with 'because things work like that in the future'. I would settle on cover saves being allowed against Vector Strikes though, or at least VSs being based on LoS before or after the move.
Uhh... sorry that came out kinda stupid I was under influences when I replied to you and misread what you said. :blush:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts