Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find anything about this when making a forum search, so here I go:

The rules for the item states that a model can RUN up to 48" in its Shooting phase. If it does, it may not shoot, charge or manifest psychic powers in that phase or the remainder of the turn.

Battle focus says shoot then run, or run then shoot.

I take it that the intention is that I may not have made a shooting attack when I want to do this super run move. But is it written like that?

It says that if I run, I may not shoot et cetera. And there I can see the Run-Shoot part of Battle focus. But what if I first shoot, and then want to make this super run (shoot-run batle focus)? The rule isn't written that I may not make the super run if I already have taken the shot. Or is it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see your meaning. But still, the text speaks of the events happening after you have made that run move. If you run, you may not... There is no past tense here, so there is no talk about past possibilities. And since the Eldar have Battle Focus, and can Shoot first, and then make the run move, I don't see why you really shouldn't be able to do it.

Even though I can imagine that the intention is that it is forbidden if you take the shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts