Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
hehe - seems we've almost got a mirror match going on here Squeek...

Guys, just a couple of quick queries related to the match format:

1) In the 40k tactica wars, the table edges were confirmed before the tactics were posted - is this going to happen again here, or do we have to make tactics for whether or not we win the first deployment roll?

2) It's stated in the rules that the spells for our wizards will be rolled prior to the match. I don't see any spell rolls, did these get forgotten?

Would this be better in a PM to Nathan? meh, I'm sure he'll notice this post :)

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
The table edge thing is something Nathan will have to answer as this is my first Tactica Wars, so I assumed it was random since it wasn't given and have written my tactics accordingly.

Spell preferences should be submitted with tactics, Nathan will then roll them and post the spells during before the match starts, that is as stated in the current rules, though I know some people posted their preferences in the armylists.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Yeah, what squeek said about the spells are true.

The table side thing was a complete accident though, I totally forgot about that. :biggrin:

The first person in the match title always has the top table edge, always! Example: "Retardzilla vs Jack" - Retardzilla will take the top table edge, and Jack will take the bottom table edge.

[Note: Retardzilla is a referal to my brother. I pray that he doesn't see this (like he ever will), or else...]

I'll update each of the match threads. To the people who want to edit their tactics that has sent it already, feel free to do so. Sorry about that guys.

Edit: I fixed it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Alright guys, it is now time to be able to vote, since one of the matches is now official voteable.

Remember two things though:

-Anyone can vote in a match, besides the two players from that specific match of course.

-Please bold or colour your choice, and explain why you voted for who you voted for. It just makes things easier for the tallying purposes. :grin:

(colour doesn't have to be pink! :wink:)

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
so nathan did you yourself send in your tactics to squeek yet? i cant wait for our match :D

by the way cant we get other fantasy players in here voting on the wars? i dont think everybody knows they are going on. maybe post a stick in general discussion??
He hasn't as yet...

Feel free to encourage other posters to vote on the matches, though please avoid asking for votes for a particular match as it might put people off if they feel players are petitioning them.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Alright Guys, round one if officially done and over with. Here are the results:

Round 1

Match 1: Dafistofmork (1) vs Wolf Lord Skoll (7)
Match 2: Vaz (4) vs cco12 (0)
Match 3: Steel Nathan (2) vs Gharof von Carstein (2)
Match 4: squeek (4) vs Critta (1)

It seems that we have a draw in it. I think the fairest way to settle this is to find a member that hasn't been involved with the match, and cast a vote. I'll track down a guy quickly, so we can officially start up the next round. :)

Edit: Thanks to Ancient to bring down the final vote! Round 2 will be arriving...

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Ok guys, the second round is now officially up. I apoligize for my lack of action in the Tactica Wars (both 40k and Fantasy) for the past two weeks. Things are getting a bit rough at school, and other shit has been happening here as well. But don't worry, I'm not bailing out on you guys! :)

Anyways, I'm going to be rolling the dice now for magic, so don't write out the tactics just yet!

Thanks for your patience everyone,

-Steel

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 · (Edited)
Lol, it seems that I forgot to add in the map for the second match. It's fixed :)

Crap the rolls!
*opens tabs*
*goes to the matches*
*gets out dice*

Round 2 Magic Rolls

Ok.. here are the rolls

Match 1

Wolf Lord Skoll

Calasar" High Elf Mage:
*(High Magic)1,3,6

Vaz

Karnak Headsplitter
*(Nurgle)4(downgraded to a one by player's request),5

Match 2

Big G (you asked for it!:p)

Vampire - Gharof von Carstein
*(Vampires)6 (downgraded to a 1 by player's request)

Vampire
*(Vampires)2,3

Necromancer
*unless if I'm reading it wrong, he doesn't need rolls

squeek

Herald of Tzeentch - Bodg'it:
*not needed

Herald of Tzeentch - Scarp'a:
*not needed

If I screwed up with any of the magic rolls (for whatever reason I may have missed) then please post here or PM me, although I'll be heading to school right now, so I may not be home for a bit...

·
Registered
377 Posts
if i rolled a 6 on the first vamp id definetly drop it for a 1. the 2 and 3 on the other are just peachy :D zomg. my power dice and dispel dice are wrong.

2 from the pool + 1 from the dread knight vamp+2 from the caster vamp+1 from the necro (and a possible extra one from the periapt) = 6(7)

dispell dice are also wrong in this case. i have 5(6) (3 from the vamps and necro and 2 from my pool and a possible extra one from the periapt)

61 - 80 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.