Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in january we'll be getting the second wave of skaven goodness, to follow up from the massively popular island of blood. After that around march we'll see the new orc and goblins hit the shelves, which im told is going to be the biggest army book to date for fantasy, rivaling the marine codex in size. These have been brought forward as the release didn't take much work models wise. Then its likely tomb kings, but if work goes better on ogres then theres still the chance they come forward.

Looks like an exciting time for fantasy roll on 2011

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Where is this info from? :) Not saying i dont belive you, just wander how reliable it is.
I've seen some of his stuff before. Lets just say, he's rather more accurate than the average rumour monger :grin:

·
Registered
323 Posts
more fantasy?? ffs..........

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
second wave of skaven goodness
Any details on what kits?

THTH is a nice reliable source, which makes me confident that I will be spending more money in January, damned Eldar FW kits and Skaven all at the same time.

What kits are missing...

Weapon Teams?
Plagueclaw catapult
Plastic Gutter runners
****Plastic Jezzails!!****
Resculpt Ikit Claw ( I recall some rumours on this at Warseer)
Plastic Rat Ogre kit
Plastic PW globadies
Plastic Censur Bearers

All except the jezzails seem a little un-necessary, but hell, I am not going to complain about more rats in plastic

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
They didn't release any of the IoB models as new kits for Elves, so at a guess I think you can knock Ogres, Poison Wind and Warpfire Throwers off your wish list.

Given that Plague Censers are very elite-ish (it's a rare army with more than about 5) I don't see them being made plastic. Given that Night Runners work perfectly well as Gutter Runners, I don't see them getting a rerelease either.

What is in the codex that currently does not have a model? I'd say that they're the safest bets, along with a special character or two. Jezzails and Hellpit Abomination are certainly feasible.

·
Registered
519 Posts
It would nice nice to see the Space Marine Codex become the 'standard size' for all Army Books and Codex's. 148 pages is a dam fine amount of pages to have.

Also pleased to hear some Army Books arriving. I was surprised GW didn't release any this year after the 8th edition rulebook to honest and save DE for January. Hopefully Tomb Kings will receive their Army Book after Orcs & Goblins. Bring on the Fantasy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
models-wise, the general consensus of those in the know, is that there will be a plastic weapons team kit, a plastic hellpit abomination, and some re-sculpts of character models. oh, and some sort of art / heraldry book [clans and whatnot]. i'd heard december as the release, but january seems just as feasible...i for one can't wait! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Where are the frigging Grey Knights!? We I demand Grey Knights!

·
Registered
617 Posts
What? More Skaven. We got some last year, they don't need an update at all. O&G getting updated before TK or OK is pretty bad, but business is business. Still with GW logic, the things that need updating get updated last.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
What? More Skaven. We got some last year, they don't need an update at all...
Dude, its not a new Armybook. Its a second wave of ratarsed rats, aka new models for some units...

So possibly a new OK book next year then? Who knows, I might have to consider reading 8th ed rules by then :)
As pure reading material nothing beats the OK armybook. Its insanely well produced in all possible ways, bar the performance on the gamingtables...
Its going to be damn fun to see what they have done with them this time. I assume that its Phil Kelly that is rewriting it and expect it to be nothing short of awesome again, but perhaps also playable this time:p

·
Registered
650 Posts
Given that Night Runners work perfectly well as Gutter Runners, I don't see them getting a rerelease either.
I would hope for new nightrunners and jezzails to be honest. The current nightrunners are dead ugly in my opinion, not even close to the clanrat models.
It would be cool to get some slave models too, but clanrats work fine for that for the most part I suppose.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Clanrats/Slaves are supposed to be the same models. Plastic Jezzails and a Plaugeclaw are things I'm looking for. Hellpits are almost a must.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Clanrats/Slaves are supposed to be the same models.
that gets a little confusing though don't you think? It would be nice to even get a slave collar upgrade kit or something :laugh:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if someone says december release they are definately mis-informed, although the skaven goodies will be on adv over december i suppose. Gw avoids system releases in december in order that they don't have the focus taken away from helping people over the busiest time of year by being distracted by shiney new toys

·
Registered
232 Posts
O&G getting updated before TK or OK is pretty bad, but business is business.
O&G will see an update before my beloved TK?! Then again they did a terrible job on the current O&G book. Lack of background and animosity pretty much ruined them, givning them little chance of winning.
Anyway good to see tht TK will finally get some attention. Cometh the many waves of new TK scrubs :( Then again most will still go VC due to the whole zombie idea.
Skaven seem set to take over fantasy anyway given the OP book and then new starter stuff and now more new models

1 - 19 of 19 Posts