Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit to @MidnightSun for first telling me about this, but managed to confirm it today when I picked up some movement trays and spoke to my local manager. Stores are not allowed to have Fantasy items on the shelves to advertise as obviously the rule system is dead, but until the 1st September stores are allowed to sell the rest of any fantasy stock they have.

This explains why stores weren't told to return stock to head office as they normally do when items are pulled, but instead just told to take them off the shelf and keep them in store. Talking to my local manager it was basically that GW were aware that naturally people would not want to give up fantasy so would want to give them a chance to get any remaining stuff they may want. Though uptake on models sales of the age of sigmar/ fantasy system have been through the roof since it was first announced.

So if you have any fantasy books you wanted to get but never got chance you have until the 1st September to get them before they are gone for good! (Unless the store is already out of stock of them)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yeah but thats the states, i have heard of some GW stores in the states are still allowing people to play 8th in store and are really not towing the company line with regards to AOS.
Oh weird, mine has AoS on display, but he isn't the typical owner either. He's a pretty good guy, greets customers with a handshake, etc. Doesn't seem to be the typical GW pedigree.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
so: wait we need to worry about them no longer making fantasy models like Glade guard kits or High elf spear men (for example)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Wait a minute... no more fantasy ever???
Do try and keep up, Garviel, this isn't news.

so: wait we need to worry about them no longer making fantasy models like Glade guard kits or High elf spear men (for example)
They're keeping the models, although I imagine they'll shift some aesthetics a little for the re-branded races once the kits get updated - what we're on about is the 8th ed rulebook, army books etc.

Anything Fantasy related that isn't a model will still be available by specific request until September 1st. Models will be available until they are updated, as before.

Yeah but thats the states, i have heard of some GW stores in the states are still allowing people to play 8th in store and are really not towing the company line with regards to AOS.
I was quite surprised that Warhammer World in Nottingham was 50% Fantasy players when I went on Saturday and no GW people seemed to be bothered about it. I mean, they weren't going around checking, but it was still quite noticeable.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts