Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for work on the Glade Guard for the Heresy-Online Fantasy Army Painter.

Work In Progress pictures are encouraged as it will allow feedback from other artists and visitors to the project forum. Signatures on pictures may be included, but please make sure they are in white space to allow them to be moved around the picture as necessary during computer reworking of the image.

A brief note for artists: All artwork will require re-touching and some editing for symmetry, etc, before it can be used in the final product. This is not a negative comment on the original artwork, it is just part of the process, so please don't be upset when someone adapts your artwork (within the constraints of this project obviously). Anything submitted here is assumed to be work towards this project so in effect you have given the project team permission to work with it. We have no intention of stealing artwork, and it will only be used for this project unless further permission is granted. All credit will be given in the final project, even for concept sketches. Any questions, pm me and I will try to answer them as best I can.

References pictures gathered so far (artists are noted in the original thread if known):

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay juddski, I will leave specifics to LVix as she has a better eye for it than me, but I do think the bow is a little too small. It looks like a good starting point though :)

Edit: Actually having looked at it some more whilst reading LVix's reply, I think your wip's anatomy is straying away from GWs standard 28mm heroic look. If you compare the models and your sketch side by side there's is more squat and has a larger head in proportion to the body. Minor thing I realise but the closer we can get to the look of the model the better the finished product will look I think. :)

·
Who the hell is LVix?
313 Posts
Really good so far there juddski. :grin: The only thing I have to add atm would be perhaps you should have the figure firing its bow straight forwards like this figure...

... would make drawing the cape a bit easier as we don't want huge flowy capes taking up a lot of space in the pictures. (Damn I love flow capes too... *pouty* :wink: ) Just keep as close to the figure as possible and it'll turn out great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts