Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for work on the Beatmen Gor for the Heresy-Online Fantasy Army Painter.

Work In Progress pictures are encouraged as it will allow feedback from other artists and visitors to the project forum. Signatures on pictures may be included, but please make sure they are in white space to allow them to be moved around the picture as necessary during computer reworking of the image.

A brief note for artists: All artwork will require re-touching and some editing for symmetry, etc, before it can be used in the final product. This is not a negative comment on the original artwork, it is just part of the process, so please don't be upset when someone adapts your artwork (within the constraints of this project obviously). Anything submitted here is assumed to be work towards this project so in effect you have given the project team permission to work with it. We have no intention of stealing artwork, and it will only be used for this project unless further permission is granted. All credit will be given in the final project, even for concept sketches. Any questions, pm me and I will try to answer them as best I can.

References pictures gathered so far (artists are noted in the original thread if known):

·
Must Paint MOAR!
666 Posts
did a quick mock up to a banner, what do you think?

or does it have to match the models banner?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Eh, I'm a slow drawer, but that looks amazing, Riandro.

A couple of criticisms, though.

Would you be able to come up with a Fur top, similar to the Gor image? If not, I can whip one up after - we should be able to mix the fur on that with the Gor's hide, so it's not too disimilar. It can then link back with the Box-set better, and people can get a better idea of what to do.

And that's it. Really. I thought there were two, but looking back, it's just the one - good job ;).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Who the hell is LVix?
313 Posts
Really good Riandro but yes the banner does have to accurately reflect the model's banner for base look anyhow. (Also doesn't have to have a symbol on the main part of the banner at all.) No colour at all either as at this stage we are just looking for line drawings.

Looking forward to your next effort... again, very good just we have a bit of an exact set of rules all of us have to abide by with the pictures atm. (Which I fully understand is a bit of a pain.)

EDIT: Vaz put what I was trying to get at better! :wink:

·
Must Paint MOAR!
666 Posts
heh sorry i guess i kinda got carried away :laugh:

ill try something else tommorrow, without colour :3

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to apologise about it, it gives us a good idea of your skills as a starting point. The colouring and shading is something we will have to look at when we get a coder involved, it seems sensible to start with everything unshaded and add the shading at a later date as it will have to be shading that works both painted and unpainted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts